Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 11-22-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
bowjunkie

Last Activity: 02-26-2007
 @ 11:14 AM 
Default HAPPY THANKSGIVING

With the impending gluttony, relatives telling the same stories year after year and acting and smiling like its the first time you heard it, football games in the recliner after eating that inevitably lead to a nap, time spent with family and friends that is priceless I wanted to share what I am thankful for with my bowhunting brothers, sisters, friends and, in turn, my extended family.

I am thankful for the fires shared. The liberal seasons and bag limits in Texas and the wealth of game we have. The diversity of geography, personalities and passions both here and afield. The honor to represent the bowhunters in Texas and for those I not only share a foxhole with in the political and personal struggles within the LSBA, but those that argue with me to broaden my intellectual horizons and sometimes show me a better way. I am thankful for the quality Game Wardens we have that give of their time and missed days afield to preserve and protect that which we hold dear while being underpaid and in harms way. For the hunting and non-hunting men and women of the armed forces who are serving here and in foreign lands that will miss this day with their families while eating MRE's and thinking of cool fall days in a stand watching their breath in the mist and washing themselves of the grime and grit of wars abroad. I am thankful for the wonder and even the trials of my children who I can not only teach, but share the wonders of my passion for the outdoors and pass on the heritage I, and all of you, hold dear and sacred. I am finally thankful for the support, encouragement and patience of my loving bride who has not only supported and encouraged my participation in all this but has also walked with me and helped in the journey.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!
Old 11-23-2006, 08:21 AM   #2
biggen
LSBA Hall of Fame/Hunt Committee

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 04-04-2018
 @ 07:54 PM 

Well said, Mike! Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
biggen is offline   Reply With Quote