Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > Stick and String
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:
 
Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2007, 09:44 PM   #11
LostHawg
Senior Member
 
LostHawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
LSBA Region: 76
Location: San Angelo
Posts: 1,903
Points: 4145.00
Last Activity: 07-30-2018
 @ 05:37 AM 
Default

A lot of times I'll find a slight bend in the very end of the shaft. Depending on the quality of that end, I will either use the opposite end for the nock (if its better), or I'll go ahead and cut to length and then us it for the nock. Usually, I don't have to cut to length prior to selecting the nock end.

Yes, the grain MUST be horizontal while nocked. Any compromise in the grain can result in injury if the grain fails. Having the grain horizontal will minimize this risk.

Tomorrow I'll go over staining, dipping prep and dipping.
__________________
Tracy Cannon


Old coot in training
LostHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 23 (0 members and 23 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
2017 Lone Star Bowhunters Association
Inactive Reminders By Mished.co.uk