Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:
 
Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2010, 07:06 AM   #11
rtread
Senior Member
 
rtread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
LSBA Region: 78
Location: Granite Shoals, TX
Posts: 248
Points: 1385.00
Last Activity: 04-02-2014
 @ 07:21 PM 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bountyhunter View Post
All the animals I've lost over the years have been on evening hunts.
Dittos here. I changed my hunting MO a couple of years ago to compensate for several factors: the rugged terrain the deer seem to insist on running to; the mountain lion factor; trailing blood at night is not something I'm good at; and the fact I seem to be aging whether I want to or not. After several all-nighters with me and my B-I-L out all night tracking deer..... sometimes succesfully, sometimes not....I've decided to go ahead and go on the evening hunts but not take a shot unless it's an animal I can't pass up and would gladly risk the perils of going after it. The morning shots are so convenient....usually have them cut up and chilling by noon.
__________________
You aren't lost if you don't care where you are.....

Last edited by rtread; 11-21-2010 at 07:09 AM..
rtread is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
2017 Lone Star Bowhunters Association
Inactive Reminders By Mished.co.uk