Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #1
Hot4huntin
LSBA Past President

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 07-29-2019
 @ 02:25 PM 
Default LSBA Banquet Photo Contest

$5.00 entry fee for adults
Free for 17 and under

2009 L.S.B.A. Banquet Photo Exhibit

Contact Information: Dena Kana (409) 739-2630

Entry Deadline:
Arrival Time:
Place:
Judging:
Awards:

Divisions:

Fawns Up to 8 years of age
Yearlings 9 to 13 years of age
Nubbins 14 to 17 years of age.
Spikes (Amateur) - Anyone 18 years of age and up.
Fourkies (Professional) - Anyone performing photographic services.

Classes

1. Color Bowhunting/Bowfishing
2. Black & White Bowhunting/Bowfishing
3. Color Wildlife
4. Black & White Wildlife
5. Trail Camera
6. Camp Life
7. Habitat
8. Natures Impacts
9. Humor
10. Photographic Series Display
11. Digitally Enhanced

2009 L.S.B.A. Banquet Photo Exhibit Entry Form

Age Group Division ________________ Category ___________________

Name___________________Address____________________ ____________________

Phone Number_________________________EmailAddress_______ ______________________

Photo Title __________________________________

Enter a brief description of where and when the photo was taken.
The type of camera, lens, type of film, flash and or if special equipment was used.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________

2009 L.S.B.A. Banquet Photo Exhibit Entry Form

Classes 1 thru 10 must not have been digitally altered in any way other than necessary. Burning, dodging, cropping, removal of dust, red eye removal or adjustments to color and contrast, etc. is accepted. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization will be disqualified from this class.
Camp Life could be preparing a feed plot to watching a campfire with friends.
Natures Impacts would show extreme weather or its effects. (Hurricanes, tornadoes, drought, lightning, floods, signs or symptoms of global warming, etc.)
Photographic Display (Beginning with a rub, feeder setup, preparing for hunt, setting in blind, then the last image could be with the game animal) it is a combination of 3 to 5 photos depicting a set of images, places or events. Photos should be mounted on (1) 16" X 20" foam board and is considered one entry.
Digitally Enhanced is any photo altered with a computer software program. Examples could be cropping an image out of one photo and adding into another photo and then blurring as to show extreme movement. Images must be the original work and any alterations must be performed by entrant.

Guidelines

Print size can not be smaller than 8"x10" or larger than 16" x 20".
Photos must be mounted on any color of 16" x 20" foam board (no poster board).
Entries must be mounted vertically with the 20" dimension being the vertical height, and the 16" being the width of the entry.
Matting allowed but must be of a size to fit an 8"x10" or larger photo.
No glass or frames allowed.
Entries may be printed by entrant or commercially.
Attach a completed submission form to the upper left rear side of the foam board backing.
Please note that no names, logos or writing on print side of photo entries is allowed.
Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) of the proper size so entries can be returned to entrant later.
If possible bring a CD with your images saved in a JPEG format with no less than 200 dpi.
Entrant must be the sole author and owner of the copyright in all photos entered. Camera work must be the work of the person submitting the entries. Persons submitting entries are responsible for obtaining permission, property and or model releases from all recognizable subjects in their photographs.
Entrants retain ownership and all other rights for future use of their photographs.
Judging will be based on the following four criteria: Content, Quality, Originality and Composition.
Judges appointed by L.S.B.A will choose the winners.
L.S.B.A shall have the right to verify, winner eligibility.

Disqualifications: (No blood allowed) the photo will be disqualified if cruel or unethical practices, the willful harassment of wildlife, proposal damage to the environment by the subject or photographer is suspected. Be respectful with the images entered.

Conditions: Entry constitutes permission to use the entrants name, photograph and other likeness. These may be published in the L.S.B.A magazine, its associated web sites and properties or partner web sites and promotional materials and therefore the sender grants the right for such use. However, not limited to, a photo contest calendar, a compilation book or electronic collection of winners, online photo features and contests, and web pages, providing information, updates, rules and photography tips. Entrant represents and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original, does not infringe the rights or intellectual property claims of any third parties.

Limitations of Liability: By entering the contest, entrant holds harmless L.S.B.A from any liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, liability, actions or damages of any kind or in connection with: (1) entering contest (2) acceptance of any prize or (3) anything related to the contest and the awarding of prizes. Any claims relating to this contest shall be governed by Texas law without regard to its conflict of law, rules, and any such claim must be heard in Texas.

Mrs. Bobby Kana and Ty and Hunter's Mom =)

Support Bowhunting~Join LSBA!

LSBA~Your Membership is Your Voice
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:35 PM   #2
skeeter

Last Activity: 08-27-2019
 @ 11:49 PM 

wish I woulda saw this b4 the banquet. I got a ton of pix. Oh well, I'll know next year!!

Genesis 27:3
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman

Last Activity: 06-03-2021
 @ 08:08 PM 

Sorry Dan, it was a little late in the making. We always try to have this, but failed to get someone to run with it from the beginning. Hopefully next year we will have someone take on the photo contest a lot earlier. Bob
Old 06-13-2009, 10:30 PM   #4
skeeter

no worries, Bob. Still had a great time. I didnt realize so many awards were given every year. Gotta get my game face on this year and do some killin and clickin!!

Old 06-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #5
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman

Last Activity: 06-03-2021
 @ 08:08 PM 

Skeeter, the TBBR awards run from Jan 1 to Dec 31 of each year. Plenty of time to start planning your next hunt. Go to the RECORDS section on LSBAs homepage and it will take you to the TBBR website. There are plenty of fish and game to set your sites on. Bob
Old 06-14-2009, 07:46 PM   #6
skeeter

There is still so much about LSBA that I dont know. Goin to check out records now!

Old 06-14-2009, 08:23 PM   #7
Nancy

Last Activity: 09-28-2013
 @ 06:23 PM 

Me too, I want to learn all I can. My goal is getting my IBEP instructor (July 27th) and getting kids into flinging arrows. I know a lot of single moms with kids that love attention and trying new things. Have one hooked on fishing and he wants to shoot my bow now! The banquet was loads of info and I can't wait till next year!

Last edited by Nancy; 06-14-2009 at 08:24 PM.. Reason: mis spelled word
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote