Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > What's Your Game > Whitetail Deer
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:
 
Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-02-2005, 10:52 PM   #10
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,504
Points: 2115.00
Last Activity: 06-13-2015
 @ 08:31 AM 
Default

Extreme while the tree hugger crowd may think that racoons are cute little varmints I don't think you will find many farmers or biologists who will agree. I still remember as a kid, coons breaking into the henhouse to kill our chickens.

If it was a little earlier in the year and you wanted to get a trappers license you could sell the fur. I think the time frame for that is Dec and Jan. Of course the price is pretty low due to the animal rights groups, but it wouldn't be a waste. The price will be even lower with a big broadhead hole in the pelt.

I've heard of people eating coons, but I think it's one of those, you need to be really hungry, so unless you want to buy some live traps and relocate them a long way off then I think you are on an extemrmination program.
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
2017 Lone Star Bowhunters Association
Inactive Reminders By Mished.co.uk