Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:
 
Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #7
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman
 
BOBSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
LSBA Region: 77
Location: Santa Fe
Posts: 2,044
Points: 9935.00
Last Activity: 06-03-2021
 @ 08:08 PM 
Default

recar, what most of the others have said, but I wanted to ad something from what I learned the first time out. If at all possible, go with someone you know that shoots already for the first time. Makes things a little easier. The first time I went, and I think Dena's second time. I had no idea what class I was to be in, did not know which stake I was suppose to shot from (there were a few stakes of the same colors). I was totally confused. This was not a LSBA shoot I might ad. The last several times have been a blast, and I have even placed in a couple, of course not first yet. You normally will shoot one arrow for the entire course unless you loose or damage it, then you need another. You don't need a dozen unless you are really a bad shot like I was/am. Most people use the hip quiver, you can get one as fancy as you want or plain as you want. Good pair of binos to see the 12 ring. Never could figure out why binos, just shoot where you think the heart is. That doesn't help you get a good score because the 12 ring is not always were the heart is. During the summer you will need a towel to wipe the sweat off (See LSBA Store for 3-D Towels). Some people have a mini clipboard to hold their score cards, nice but not really needed. And yes, it is really addicting. Bob
__________________
Spend time with family and friends, go bowhunting together.
BOBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
2017 Lone Star Bowhunters Association
Inactive Reminders By Mished.co.uk