Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #31
bustedassranch

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 04-06-2010
 @ 11:26 AM 

Thanks to all that helped out!!!
bustedassranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #32
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 06-03-2021
 @ 08:08 PM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target-panic View Post
Some that were not smiling on the way in, had some big ole grins on the way out.
You would not believe how many kids I saw go by that were pulling and clawing at their parents to bring them over so that they could shoot a bow. Bountyhunter, wish you could have been there on Sunday for the shoot off. We had a couple more trad guys show up. I have to say that Brandon can shoot his longbow. He won first, me second, and Dena third. I was shooting against Brandon for first place, and we were shooting very close until he bounced a arrow off the back of the bear and I was laughing at him and doing everything but kicking him, and then he started hitting twelve rings after that. It all was a lot of fun. Thanks again to everyone that stepped up and helped. We really could not have done it with out you. Bob
Old 08-03-2009, 11:41 PM   #33
Hot4huntin
LSBA Past President

Last Activity: 07-29-2019
 @ 02:25 PM 

I almost cried when Derek broke his arrow. His arrows are Masterpieces, not your typical arrows which are used at 3-D events. He makes his own arrows and they are works of art. Truly art to be admired. He has amazing skillz!

Hope you are able to come out to our Pop-up 3-D Shoot on Aug. 23rd at BPS in Katy. We would love to have you come out and shoot! It is addictive. Bobby and I never shot 3-D much until we started shooting trad about 2 months ago.

At the TTHA Pop-up, we had a couple of qualifiers on Sunday. Robert and Lowell shot against each other. I had to shoot against Bobby. I've never been nervous shooting trad at a shoot, but I sure was at this one. It wasn't Trad friendly to begin with; shots were 20-35. Then for finals Jerry changed it and moved it in some. Bobby beat me by 2 points. Robert and Brandon shot against each other and I guess Brandon got warmed up!! Bobby and Brandon them shot for 1st and 2nd. After Brandon skipped an arrow off the bears back; he got serious and slammed 12s on the last 4 targets. Brandon won 1st, Bob 2nd and I got 3rd.

I really felt bad that I was not able to help out at the kids' shoot on Friday and Saturday. I had 2 root canals earlier in the week and was still feeling the effects. No way I could have done the bending and stooping that goes along with it and no way I could have spoken to the general public about LSBA or anything else as far as that goes. I finally started feeling better on Saturday evening and by Sunday morning, I was almost back to myself. I truly appreciate the volunteers that helped out during that time. I missed the kiddos' smiles while adding scores at the Pop-up Shoot.

Mrs. Bobby Kana and Ty and Hunter's Mom =)

Support Bowhunting~Join LSBA!

LSBA~Your Membership is Your Voice
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #34
Curtis

Last Activity: 11-14-2010
 @ 03:45 PM 

Thank you guys for letting my kids come thru there so much. They had a GREAT time. It was good to see everyone again.
Curtis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #35
bountyhunter

Last Activity: 09-06-2012
 @ 04:35 PM 

Guess I should have asked if there was going to be a shoot off on Sunday. That would have given me a good excuse to come down there. Count on me being at BPS for the next one, I might even get a little practicing in before hand.

Dena thanks for the compliment on my arrows. It is hard to see one get broke, but I knew the risk and won't use any of those again for that kind of shooting. Hopefully the next one that gets broke will be from shooting a good deer.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bounty...v=wall&ref=sgm

Last edited by bountyhunter; 08-04-2009 at 05:25 PM..
bountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote