Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 06-03-2021
 @ 08:08 PM 
Default Thanksgiving weekend

This is a late Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Hunter and I were able to go to the deer lease Wednesday night. Dena was not able to make this trip do to Rotator Cuff surgery the day before. Ty agreed to be around and take care of her if needed. Thanksgiving morning found the temps in the upper 30's which I enjoyed because opening weekend the temps never got out of the 90's. The first thing that came in that morning was a spotted sow. I had already told Hunter that this was going to be a meat hunt and to shoot whatever she wanted. I had decided to hold off shooting her in hopes of a big boar to come by. Little bit later, six more smaller hogs came in, but still no boar. They just about cleaned up all the corn so I figured if I am going to get any meat, I needed to take action. The old spotted sow came into my shooting window, and I cannot remember letting the arrow fly, but I heard her pile up in the brush and knew the job was done.

Hunter had still not seen anything and was getting a little discouraged. I told her to be patience and wait. Then a little while later, I had some does come in but choose not to shoot one just yet. The rest of the morning went by without any animals taken.

That evening found me with more does and some spikes, Hunter with nothing once again. I choose not to shoot because I wanted Hunter to get one if all possible.

Friday morning found us back in our blinds, and now I had more does, spikes and a large 3 point in front of me. Hunter once again had nothing. I told her to go sit at my blind that afternoon and take the big 3 point or whatever she wanted that came in. I wasn't long she text me that she had shot a turkey, and it ran off. I told her to wait a while then go try and find it. That tracking job didn't take long, the turkey on made it 15 yards from where she shot it.

The rest of the weekend went by with no other animals being harmed. I was back in my blind, and Hunter was back in her moms hoping that the deer would show up. She had a lone javelina come in, but she choose not to shoot it.

Hunter got to lay her eyes on the 3 point so she has her new goal for this year.

Last edited by Hot4huntin; 12-10-2017 at 08:20 AM..
BOBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote