Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > Hunting Stories
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 07-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #1
timhicks

Last Activity: 06-24-2011
 @ 01:48 PM 
Default Hawglite Marauder

Hawglite Maruader Boar!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well lets see how to start this, I finally got a chance to get out and hunt the other night with the new Maruader and though I didnt get out in my stand till about 7 I was excited . My swampghost trail camera was showing hogs coming in around 8 or so. I hurried home mowed the grass and weedeated the yard in a hurry, showered and put on my new camo and was off and in the stad a 7:05. I hit the thermocell on and waited. As I was sitting there listening to the mosquitos and a few boats on the lake I was noticing that I need to replace the wood on my flooring in the big tripod. It was nice to be out as I watched the coons start coming in about 7:30. About 7:40 the coons started moving away very fast and I thought hogs coming!.
Well the first group there 8 hogs in the sounder and smoe small shoats. I started to get reay not even thinking its not quite dark yet . Well as I stood to get a better shot bow drawn and pin on the pig my left foot fell through the rotting plywood . As I fell I shot and heard a hit..my arrow missed the sow and hit my tpost dead on.
The results

As I sit there watching my poornock glow I think about how many times I have stood there on the stand and busted pigs. I believe that was my second miss from the stand and its not a great feeling.I decide to stay for a whileas its now only 8:10. The coons come back and I watch the cute little critters fight over corn and who's the boss. About 9:10 I hear a grunt and then another, Its dark now and I can see a hog on the back side of my feeder rubbing the Black Gold tree. If he will move around just a bit I can get a shot on him. He really doesnt even care about the corn as much as the darn tree. As he is shaking the tree violently over from the opposite side comes anothe boar or hog to the feeder. I draw my bow and slowly bring the light down on him. He never even budges. As he is sitting there eating the corn the boar that was rubbing stops and lets out a growl and a few warning grunts! He charges in on the other boar and they swap a few chases never making contact, meanwhile I am still drawed but cannot get a good shot. I keep the light on and let off the bow. I think they finally decided who was who as the bigger boar turns quartering away and starts eating. I quickly draw and watch my next poor nock blaze low behind the boars shoulder and into the other . He falls for a second and then runs with my nock protruding and glowing about 30 yards. The Shuttle Tlock did the work quickly. I was really pumped as the last hog I shot about a 2 weeks ago was small. As I walked up to my glowning nock I could tell the boar had already stopped breathing. He was pretty good size for me as I haven't seen a big boar in a while. I am now pouring sweat and very hot and I walk back to the truck realizing that I didnt have a flashlight and using the new Maruder to guide me out. I loaded him quickly and he is on ice here are a few pics He was almost 250 as you can see the scale.

I would also like to Thank KellyG /Hawglite for taking care of me and letting me be part of his great team. Also Arkansas Don for the great Mothwing Camo.
Pro staff TimH@hawglite.com
timhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Chunky

Last Activity: 11-19-2013
 @ 08:41 PM 

congrats on the hog, good story. You are not the only one to have shot a post.

Buff's so deadly...filming him killed my camera!
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:28 AM   #3
rockco222

Last Activity: 07-14-2009
 @ 01:01 AM 

Nice hog,congrats.
rockco222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:07 AM   #4
GeorgeClooney

Last Activity: 10-07-2009
 @ 07:07 AM 

congrats!!! heavy nice hog