Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > Stick and String
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-25-2004, 06:22 PM   #31
Chunky

Last Activity: 11-19-2013
 @ 08:41 PM 

Okay, the concrete pig has been purchased, and a fine fellow he is.

the game is on!

he was not expensive and i will gladly donate him to the cause. he is large enough for many signatures, yet can be carried, with effort, by the average guy (me). They had a bigger one which looked more realistic, but I could not lift him alone and the rough texture of his hair would make him difficult to decorate. i chose one that is more piggybank looking to meet our needs, besides none of you were there to help me carry the other one.

i am planning on leaving him in his ah-natural state of concrete, unless you think he should be painted. i wouldn't mind painting him, its just that i am afraid that the signatures would not stick and wipe off.

let me know.
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 07:41 AM   #32
LostHawg

LSBA Region: 76
Last Activity: 07-30-2018
 @ 05:37 AM 

You sure did go out of your way mighty fast just to buy me a trophy. Thanks. You can paint it the traditional Arkansas Razorback Red, white and black. :twisted:

Old coot in training
LostHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #33
Chunky

hum,,,i tried to post late last night, but it is not here to day so i will try again.

the concrete pig has been purchased! he is a fine fellow worthy of the glory we will bestow upon him. he is sort of piggybank looking, but his smooth sides will give us a nice surface for decorating him. he is as big as he can be and still be carried by the average guy (me). heavier than a ladderstand but lighter than a feeder.

they had a bigger and more realistic looking pig, but i could not lift him alone. none of you were close enough to help me so i got the smaller one. the bigger one was rough with a hair look and wouldn't have been as good as anyway.

i wish i could have gotten that big one and painted him and put him out on one of the roads,,, cost you guys some arrows. haha

anyway, the pig was not expensive and i will gladly donate him to the cause. give me your opinions on wheather or not i should paint him or leave him in his ah-natural concrete state. i worry that if painted the signatues will not stick and will wipe off.

so tell me what you think, and no one else buy a pig.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:35 AM   #34
Linedawg

Last Activity: 09-17-2007
 @ 10:28 AM 

No need to paint my trophy. I'll just use it as a door stop anyway! :lol: It's probably just as well that you didn't get the big one. I would hate for Tomme to hurt himself carrying my trophy! :wink:
Linedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 09:50 AM   #35
Chunky

okay, i see my original post did make it, but i am not smart enough to figure out that it started a second page, duh, you guys are going to feel terrible when a guy as dumb as me wins the pig. don't forget that part about laying your bows at my feet in homage.

sent my deposit in, so the game is def on. i guess there are four of us so far.

i may "rent" the pig out for a doorstop. :lol:
Old 01-26-2004, 04:17 PM   #36
LostHawg

Uh, I don't rent pigs. :roll:

Glad you got the small one. I've been hanging out in an apartment waiting for my house to sell. Not enough room yet for the big one. Thanks for the kind gesture. BTW, if you lay your bow on the ground at my feet I may take it as being a gift. :wink:

Old coot in training
Old 01-26-2004, 05:52 PM   #37
Frontloader

Last Activity: 04-18-2007
 @ 06:21 PM 

From all the babbling going on, I hope you guys don't let your pie hole over load your *** hole. :roll:

I know that a top notch hog killer is coming on this hunt, and if he gets a chance at the VW size hog seen in September, you might as well pack up your tinker toys and go to the house. And I don't mean Talkalot Tomme. :P

And I am not kidding. :wink:

Now I need to talk to Brushy Hills to see what was the largest hog killed during deer season. To see if the VW was kilt or not. :lol:
Frontloader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 07:47 AM   #38
LostHawg

Frontloader, I gave on trying to prevent that ages ago. There are two of me. The sane, reasonable proper me and the mouth me. Anyway, what better way to fill a pie hole than with a thick slab of BBQ pork? ...and a concrete pig for a center piece.

Old coot in training
Old 01-27-2004, 02:35 PM   #39
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

Last Activity: 06-13-2015
 @ 08:31 AM 

Hmmm, off site a few days and oh my the number of personal slanders. You guys are in trouble now. I've actually shot a couple of PRACTICE arrows. Let's see two ought to be enough right? We are talking recurve.

Good job chunky. We could still chip in the cash and either give it to LSBA or use it to buy raffle tickets for the hog winner. I'll bring my old spring scale. It's somewhat sprung but would have the same bias for all.

I see you guys chickened (make that turakeyed) out on the gobbler part of this. Too bad, I was going to have life size portraits of some of you blown up and use them as TURKEY DECOYS. But wait a minute, come to think of it, for some of you they will still work as HOG DECOYS.

Can any of you squeal like a pig?
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:18 PM   #40
LostHawg

Well, Tomme, I don't know. Give us a demonstration.

I've got plenty of turkeys on my lease. What I don't have is hogs. I want hogs!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :lol: :P :lol:

Old coot in training
Old 01-27-2004, 11:06 PM   #41
Chunky

i agree that we should go ahead and chip in a small donation to be used for the next prize or for the club.

i am working (research and development in the garage) on a secret hog drawing formula. this may be so easy i'll feel guilty, almost.

i just hope it is not so strong as to draw any "losthawgs" into my hunting area. :lol:
Old 01-28-2004, 06:33 AM   #42
LostHawg

Just ain't no tellin'. Onct I git goin'... :twisted:

I'm still up for the donation as well.

Old coot in training
Old 01-28-2004, 08:54 AM   #43
Linedawg

I am still up for the donation as well. Chunky we appreciate your donation but don't feel like you have to. After I turn over the money I don't care who ends up with it. Well, except Tomme.

Now, I'm always thinking and sometimes it pays off and other times it doesn't. I just thought of a twist we could add to the little wager. The biggest hog gets the trophy with the signatures and picture and so on. How about the first person to (from our little group) bring in a hawg will have it skinned and cleaned by the others in the group. From skinning rack to cooler. There would of course be the gratuitous picture of said individual enjoying a cool beverage while the others toil over his hog. Now that would make for a memorable picture. Any one willing to risk a little labor? :twisted:
Old 01-28-2004, 10:35 AM   #44
JPaul

Last Activity: 08-30-2007
 @ 08:24 AM 

Don't know if I'm gonna be there yet but just a suggestion for the trophy, how about instead of first killed or biggest, going by total weight brought in by the end of the hunt. Be kinda like a fishing tourney. Takes some luck out of it and gives all involved insintive to hunt hard threw the weekend.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:17 PM   #45
Linedawg

Sounds like a good idea to me. Puts a little more suspenders to the hunt. A guy with a couple of hogs could be beat by a last minute monster hog. I'm up for the change. I still think Tomme should have to clean the first hog I bring in.