Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > What's Your Game > Bowfishing
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2004, 10:50 AM   #1
RobertP

Last Activity: 05-31-2011
 @ 10:05 AM 
Default Trinity River Shootout

Just wanted to invite anyone interesting in bowfishing out to the Trinity River Shootout on the north end of Lake Livingston. It will be held Saturday May 22nd and it we are hoping to hit the late spawn of the alligator gar in the area. We will be having some great BBQ for lunch and then a night shoot that evening. Keep in mind this is a fun shoot more than a die-hard bowfishing tournament. Thats not to say there won't be any competition. If you have a boat then bring it out to shoot at rolling gar during the day. We are hoping to have enough boats setup for night fishing that we can accommodate all shooters.

Come on out and meet some great guys and maybe win a few prizes in the drawings that will be held. Check out the web link for registration. Thanks.

http://www.bowfishtexas.com/trinity.htm

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.
Old 04-08-2004, 08:44 PM   #2
Linedawg

Last Activity: 09-17-2007
 @ 10:28 AM 

Robert, welcome to the site and thanks for joining in.

The bowfishing sounds great and I will try to make the next one. That weekend is already spoken for on my calander. Hope you get a big one!
Linedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 08:40 AM   #3
walking eagle
Record Systems

Last Activity: 08-22-2006
 @ 01:33 PM 

Gentlemen,
Don't forget to measure (length & girth) and weigh your fish for entry into the TBBR. We had a poor showing at the annual awards banquet this year, giving out only one plaque for fish entries. Collect the data, and I will see that you get the Bowfishing Entry forms to submit your trophies.
Ron Collier
TBBR Chairman

"He who shoots with a bow, puts his life's energy into it. The force behind the flying shaft must be placed there by the archer."
Dr. Saxton Pope
walking eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 05:31 PM   #4
Beleg

LSBA Region: 75
Last Activity: 09-12-2017
 @ 08:41 PM 

Welcome to the LSBA site RobertP. Sounds like a fun event you have planned. I've been thinking about taking up bowfishing. I've even bought a couple of arrows but haven't gotten completely outfitted yet. I have a 14 ft. aluminum V-hull boat but I'm not sure if it is suitable for bowfishing. Can a newbie get in on this tournament?
Old 04-12-2004, 06:38 PM   #5
RobertP

Last Activity: 05-31-2011
 @ 10:05 AM 

Problem with bowfishing is that it is VERY addicting. Haven't bow hunted in years mainly because I am busy shooting fish in Oct.

Anybody can come to the tournament but you might have some problems with you are not rigged up for night shooting. You can still come out and enjoy some BBQ and shoot during the day if you like. There will also be more than a few bowfishermen there and all of them are great guys and full of great advice.

If you like you an check out a few sites dedictated to the sport. www.bowfishusa.com is the biggest. If you are looking to get rigged out then check out http://www.sullysbowfishing.com/ and if you are really bored and just want to see a bunch of dead fish then check out www.bowfishtexas.com