Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > Hunting Stories
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 01-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
DEER KILLER

Send a message via AIM to DEER KILLER
Last Activity: 02-12-2013
 @ 05:30 PM 
Default Whole Story on GRANGER WMA BUCK

It all started at 11:00 am on monday morning January 7th. We got all signed in and got the motor home parked at the corps of engineers camp grounds. Then we headed out to compartment B. Which was where we were assigned too, Brad and I got his dad situated and a he was in the stand about 2 PM. So Brad and I decided we would find some good spots and not hunt until the following morning. We got my millenium lock on up about 4 pm. and the area was awesome trails every where. Brads stand was up at about 5 pm. Then it was time to hang out at the truck shoot our bows and take it easy. Until it was time to get his dad. He didn't see anything but it was ok it was the first day. Tuesday morning came and so did the rains. All I saw was a 5 point I got down around 11 am for lunch. That evening was when I saw the buck at about 3:30 pm. The closest he got wsa 62 yards which was just out of range. I saw where he went and hoped the next morning I would get a shot on him. Sure enough on Wednesday he came out at 7:30 am ,and i got a 28 yard broad side slightly quartered to me shot. The shot was allitle back which I was not happy about, but Brad and I started the search around 9:30 am. We tracked him for about 500-600 yards. Then the blood stopped and we looked and looked. It was a rough day for me I couldn't eat or sleep that night. We looked on Thursday for about 2-3 hours. Then on Friday after the stands where down I made a final sweep through where we stopped looking and decided it was completly over. After we left Friday at 11:00 am. Terry Tidwell one of the gentlemen that works as a volunteer for Lake Granger found him at 4 pm. He said that he looked for him for about 3 hours. When I got the call that they had found him I drove all the way back up there to get him that night. It meant alot for me to be able to get that deer. Thank yous go out to Brad Gohlke, David Gohlke and Terry Tidwell. Also too Trey Carpenter for allowing people the too have an opportunity to take big deer.

KYLE SCOTT
Old 01-13-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
Huntinfool

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 09-07-2010
 @ 04:12 PM 

Congrats Kyle, and tell Brad and David I said Howdy and when are we going to go hunting?
Huntinfool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:51 PM   #3
Eric4x4

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 07-09-2009
 @ 09:11 PM 

Congrats on the deer glad they found him for you.
Eric4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote