Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > News and Alerts
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2003, 09:08 PM   #1
hogslayer

Send a message via AIM to hogslayer
Last Activity: 02-25-2006
 @ 03:20 PM 
Default lost public lands

this year we lost 4 type 2 lands to draw only and no bow season. We probably need all of us to start writing to our representatives in the texas senate and lets let them know we want more public land for bow hunting and maybe even some late spring management opens on some of the public land.

Anyone else got some ideas how we can organize?
hogslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 11:51 PM   #2
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

Last Activity: 06-13-2015
 @ 08:31 AM 

Bob I couldn't agree with you more. Beleg (Bob Wright) initiated LSBA looking into this and putting some proposals together to increase hunting opportunities on Public Lands. Of special emphasis were proposals to increase opportunities in State Parks and WMAs such as the public drawings. With all the work going into saving the archery stamp last spring this was put on hold until this summer. A proposal list has been submitted to P & W but they are currently saying that due to a key retirement in the Parks/Public hunts area that they won't be able to look at it for a while. I think we should be patient, but we shouldn't let up on this. Currently I think that the view is that since there is a lot of bowhunting acreage in east Texas on the Annual Hunts permit, that they don't have to think to hard about expanding opportunities in Parks and WMAs even when doing that would be beneficial to all concerned. We need to keep after them on this.

I'll dig out the proposal and either post it on this thread or probably start a new one. Since it's about 5 pages long, probably the latter.
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote