Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 04-09-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
bustedassranch

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 04-06-2010
 @ 11:26 AM 
Default LSBA & the way we represent our selves

While I agree with the crossbow issue & even have a paper copy collecting signatures. I dont agree with the way that it is being handled on another web site. We all have difference in opinions & we can all voice them, but that site has a lot of lurkers that may never post but may talk to friends. I was told once that 1 happy customer may tell 1 other person about you..but 1 unhappy customer will tell everyone they see. As folks that in a whole represent bow hunting in Texas we should be aware of other factors & other people that we may never see or meet.
ok I will get off my horse now
Carry on
bustedassranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
BUFF
Just Me

Last Activity: 02-24-2016
 @ 02:07 PM 

I think it is one of those darned if we do and darned if we don't. I'm 100% behind Joey, I'm just not smart enough to argue with people with out hurting their feelings.
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:07 PM   #3
LostHawg

LSBA Region: 76
Last Activity: 07-30-2018
 @ 05:37 AM 

Joey's got my vote. He held his cool a LOT better than I could have.
LostHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #4
Ronny
LSBA Region 75 Rep/Hunt Committee

LSBA Region: 75
Last Activity: 06-09-2016
 @ 05:36 AM 

I'm with Busted on this one. I think everone on that site knows where the LSBA stands, so is there a need to argue with them, I don't think so. I really think the arguement is over rated and out off hand at this point. We will never change the minds off all the people, we don't need to I don't think. I think we just need to keep getting names and stop the arguing.
Ronny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 07:57 PM   #5
tinman

Last Activity: 10-11-2011
 @ 10:21 PM 

I agree. I don't want to see us defined by this issue...I am sorry for contributing to that.

However, I also feel that it would be wrong to allow the leader(s) of the other site (either directly or through inaction) to campaign for this Bill and slander us (collectively and individually) and anyone who vocally opposes it as "angry elitist". Any "hostility" that I have shown has been a defensive reaction...sorry to those who I have disappointed, I will try to rise above that in the future.

I still have a lot of respect for Devin and value his opinion, despite him having seen "my true colors" and cursing me with the alienation and polarization plague ...but I feel that he is using his position as a 'moderator/admin' to oppose every effort we make to gain support from bowhunters in the single biggest bowhunting community in Texas, TBH.

Funny how I speak for the LSBA there yet he only speaks for himself as an LSBA Member on this topic...not the Administrator/Moderator title he wears the rest of the time.

Maybe I'm wrong...maybe I am just the elitist a-hole that Devin says that I am? Either way, I will stop posting replies when he stops taking cheap shots at me and others who are just trying to preserve our privileges.
"Today there is no need to battle with the beasts of prey and little necessity to kill wild animals for food; but still the instinct persists. The love of the chase still thrills us and all the misty past echoes with the hunters call."

Saxton Pope
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:25 PM   #6
Bullrdr82
LSBA Region 77 Rep

Last Activity: 08-10-2017
 @ 08:30 AM 

Joey - First off I want to say that you have a cooler head than I do. There were quite a few things on that perticulat thread that I did not agree with, but I also realized that I now represent the LSBA in a professional manner. It took everything I had not to post anything in response, because I knew that I would not have conducted myself in a "professional" manner. I did not want to stoop to a level below that is what is expected of me as an LSBA Rep.

I think there was a lot of back and forth and some things were taken out of context. I have said it before, that is one of the biggest problems in doing things on the internet, people can not see facial expressions, and reactions, so things get blown way out of proportion.

I agree with everyone who thinks that officers should conduct themselves in a professional manner, however if someone takes a personal shot any member, officer or not, then they should be able to defend themselves.

OK....I am not sure if any of this made sense, but atleast now I feel better!!

Thanks Joey for all that you are doing.

I didn't do it... It wasn't me.... It was my evil twin brother!!!!

"It's like flyin down some back road at midnight, with your eyes closed, and the headlights off!!!"
Bullrdr82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #7
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

Last Activity: 06-13-2015
 @ 08:31 AM 

Guess it's good that I haven't been going to TBH lately. Maybe I need to.
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #8
tinman

Quote:
Joey I commend you for taking the high road on the recent threads concerning crossbow hunting during the archery season. I have seen nothing wrong with any of your posts concerning this issue.
Just wanted to share part of this message from my PM-inbox on TBH...this is one of a dozen PMs and e-mails that I got today while I was at work. I also received 2 phone calls from members (one new member) throughout the day and I appreciate everyone's support...so far, alienation and polarization don't seem so bad.
"Today there is no need to battle with the beasts of prey and little necessity to kill wild animals for food; but still the instinct persists. The love of the chase still thrills us and all the misty past echoes with the hunters call."

Saxton Pope
Old 04-09-2007, 09:21 PM   #9
bustedassranch

Like I said in the first post I am behind you. I was just trying to make a point. TBH has a lot of people that post & lurk. Their are a lot of new people on TBH in the last few months I.E. that could be a lot of new people to LSBA. I joined from learning about LSBA on TBH as did many others. Dont take none of my statements in the wrong way. I am behind you on this issue.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:31 PM   #10
tinman

BAR, I understand what you're saying and I appreciate your support as well as your/everyone's constructive criticism.

I will keep it in mind as we continue to promote the petition and the LSBA in general.

Saxton Pope
Old 04-09-2007, 10:21 PM   #11
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

Last Activity: 06-13-2015
 @ 08:31 AM 

Joey I just read all of the posts on the TBH thread (now closed). I think that you and Buff did us proud.

Not much one can do if someone wants to call them a name (elitist) simply because we disagree with them.
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:30 PM   #12
Devin

@ 06:00 PM 

Wow. ':shock:'

Let me begin by saying Dena worked with me today on getting my LSBA account straightened out. After registering a month ago I was looking forward to finally logging on here as a member and this is the first thread I'm privileged to read.

Thank you, Dena for working to get the issue with my account resolved. Your a class act all the way around.

Unfortunately, this might just be the shortest forum membership in this forum's history.

I've never posted a PM or email before, but given Joey's accusations I feel a need to clear the air. Here is the PM Joey sent me late this afternoon after all the crossbow threads on TBH had been closed by Casey.

[quote:c577a1952e]tinman:

[quote:c577a1952e]Devin wrote on a TBH thread:
Old 04-09-2007, 10:50 PM   #13
tinman

Cotton's the man!...sorry to drag you in with the LSBA Elite, Jeff.

I regret calling Michael to the table...it was wrong. My grandfather just passed Friday at 2pm, I'd been with family all weekend emotionally surfing between supporting my grandmother/mother and trying to have a fun Easter egg hunt with Jadyn. I wasn't in a good place to be in 'public'...I shouldn't have been on the boards this weekend.

I probably won't post much until after his service at the end of the week. I will be working on some articles to promote archery/bowhunting without mentioning crossbows.

Thanks for the support (and the head-check).

Good to see you, Devin. Good night.

Saxton Pope
Old 04-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #14
bustedassranch

Sorry to hear that Joey you are in our prayers.

Thanks for the things you do to help our great sport of bow hunting. Keep the articles coming. LSBA mags are the only mags on my coffee table
Old 04-09-2007, 11:59 PM   #15
Devin

@ 06:00 PM 

I truly am sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather, Joey.

Our petty differences here are inconsequential when weighed against the truly important things. But, I would appreciate an explanation of your statements here whenever your afforded the opportunity.

Prayers for your family in this time of loss.