View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #297
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Green Flash Hop Head Red
Green Flash Brewing Co. | San Diego, California USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Amber Ale

Hugely well-balanced brew and extremely easy to drink! Flavors of citrusy hops and sweet malts make for an excellent beer to savor! This is, in one word – exquisite! Gotta love the sediment that builds up at the bottom of the glass. Just before the brew is gone give it a good, hard swirl and “blammo!”, you done got you swig of beer with a whole new taste!!

For my 'beer-nerd' details on this brew, please click here.

=========================

Green Flash West Coast IPA
Green Flash Brewing Co. | San Diego, California USA

Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)

Green Flash Brewing will definitely be the brewery to make my appreciation of hoppy brews come to fruition! This brew is so hoppy yet so well-balanced that I don’t want to stop sipping it! Gotta love the sweet/malty start with the dry/bitter long-lasting finish. Paired up excellently with my Cajun Dirty Rice meal!

Cerveza Imperial (Costa Rica)
Cerveceria Costa Rica | San Jose, Costa Rica

Style: Pale Lager

Not much to go into detail on this brew. It’s your standard fair pale lager. Definitely designed for one purpose and that would be a cheap thirst quencher! When compared to other pale lagers (especially those mass-produced ones) this brew holds its own very well. Crisp, refreshing and worthy to make its cameo at your next fish fry or BBQ!

Cerveza Salva Vida
Cerveceria Hondurena, S.A. / BevCo Ltd | San Pedro Sula, Honduras

Style: Pale Lager

This being my first Honduran brew, it compares well with other brews in its class; light, crisp, refreshing. It has a sharp bitter bite up front with a smooth caramel-like mellowed finished. It’s just a good typical pale lager. Darn good companion with my chili-cheese-frito-pie dinner! This brew truly met up with its purpose – quench thirst quickly and cheaply!

AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote