View Single Post
Old 03-13-2007, 08:28 AM   #26
LostHawg

LSBA Region: 76

I usually will pull one shaft off the line at a time. As I change colors I will flip the shaft so the freshly painted shafts are discernable from the dried shafts

Another suggestion for hanging shafts to dry:

I had some extra shafts that needed worked, but only have my line set up for a dozen. Here I tied monofilament to clothes pins and hung them from coat hangers. Works pretty good, but you may want to shorten the leader. These are kinda long and the shafts swing more freely. Not necessarily a good thing. Anyway, thought I'd throw that in real quick.

Okay so we have the crests painted on and the shafts have hung long enough to allow the paint to dry. Now, you will be dipping again. Place the gasket back on your dip tube, prime and dip. Hang arrows to allow the sealant to dry. Sand with wool and clean off residue. Basically, every time you put a coat of sealant on, you'll hang, sand and clean. Right now, I've dipped 4 times per shaft. 3 to 4 more dips with sanding and I'll be ready for fletching. So I should be fletching on Thursday.
LostHawg is offline   Reply With Quote