View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 09:25 PM   #5
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman

LSBA Region: 77

My daughter Hunter, shot a spike this year. She trailed it by herself for a about 100 yards crossing down and then up a dry river bed, and until it came to a road on top. She could not find anymore blood. We got there with our dog and the dog took off back down the ledge. I figured she was back trailing since we started where Hunter last found blood. Me, I was figuring the deer kept going straight across the road down the same trail it been on. I couldn't find anything, and everyone else stayed searching the area where the last blood was. In the mean time, our dog kept going up and down the ledge. My nephew found a small drop of blood to the side of where the last blood was and now we had a different route. Hunter looked back down the ledge where our dog ran again, and spotted her deer laying in the brush. The deer made it to the top to stumble and fall back down to the bottom. I sure wish I could get our dog to bark when she finds something instead of running back to me and hoping I know what she wants. Would make things a lot easier sometimes.

Bob