View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #294
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

St. Feuillien Tripel
Brasserie St. Feuillien | Le Roeulx, Belgium
Purchased @ Kegs & Barrels - Plano, Texas USA

Style: Abbey Tripel

A good tripel and a good example of this style of beer. This is one of those good brews to have as a dessert or it also makes for a nice, warming nightcap! Good complex flavors help this one make for a very tasty brew. If you have not tried a tripel before I would recommend starting with one of these and then explore other tripels in order to find your favorites!

For my 'beer-nerd' details on this brew, please click here.

=========================

Rahr & Sons Visionary Brew
Rahr & Sons Brewing Company | Fort Worth, Texas USA
Not purchased; received as a gift.

Style: Dunkler Bock

Smokey, toasted malts, caramel and just enough hops to keep the sweetness at bay! Very crisp, clean and refreshing. This dark malty lager is just strong enough to make for a brew with a little bit of weight but nothing heavy. This is an easy drinking brew and a fine example of a traditional bock.

Wells Bombardier
Wells & Young’s Ltd | Bedford, United Kingdom (England)
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Premium Bitter/ES B

A very fine drankin’ beer! Very well balanced; not too sweet, not too bitter. One of the most flavorful bitters I have yet to taste! Smooth, sublime, and oh so flavorful. Definitely a go-to at the BBQ!!

Kulmbacher EKU 28
Kulmbacher Brauerei AG | Kulmbach, Germany
Purchased @ Kegs & Barrels - Plano, Texas USA

Style: Doppelbock

Hold yer horses boys, I done found me one excellent doppelbock!! Sweet, spicy and full of alcohol (11%!). Much like drinking a fine rum or a fine port. Silky smooth, crisp, warming and so flavorful. Don’t spoil this brew with food; have it as a dessert brew after a rich meaty meal and you won’t be disappointed! Time to stock up for the winter! Definitely a brew to cellar for a couple of years!

Stone Arrogant Bastard
Stone Brewing Co. | Escondido, California USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: American Strong Ale

On the bottle, “You’re Not Worthy”; oh yes I am!! Gotta love a good strong ale! Assertive hops with just enough malts to smooth off the bite just a tad makes for an awesome brew to savor! The Stone line of brews continues to impress and is definitely a line-up of brews that one can come to appreciate for the long run! Can definitely tell the results of quality workmanship.

AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote