Thread: Rancho Creek
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2005, 05:32 PM   #7
Marc Smith

I am Shawn's buddy from Colorado. I was there on the hunt with him this weekend.

What Shwan has failed to mention is that we had an entire production there to film the hunt. We had a guy with video equipment from an industry leader in Groundblinds and Tree stands. I made arrangements with Mr. Adams and made it very clear as to the fact we needed everything top shelf. We were all experienced hunters and did not need to shoot hogs from feed pens, however please feed the feed route a couple of days prior to our arrival and while we were there to ensure opportuinty for everyone. Had this been done, the dirty conditions and filth would not have been an issue. But the "who cares" attitude and absence of Mr Adams magnified the condition. The 3000 acres of Rancho Creek are beautiful, excellent deer and turkeys galore. The man has tremendous hogs on the place, but for Pete's sake when you know you have six professional bowhunters and a film crew coming that are willing to give you "FREE" publicity on The Outdoor Channel and DVD's would'nt you think he would have pulled his head out and at least made an attempt.

The $50.00 a day is not an isuue, however 3-4 days of precious vacation, $420.00 air fare and and Groceries, I was out $1,000.00. Mr. Adams never considers the hunters true cost.

The silver lining to this hunt was from the Folks across the street. On day four I realized just how screwed we all were, I called my good friend Will Watson over at Southhills Ranch and explained the situation. He was disappoited I had hunted with someone else, however being a good person, said, "Marc, Come on over to the Ranch and I'll put you on a hog tonight." "If you don't get a shot I won't even charge You." That is a true class act, even when they could have critisized and ridiculed, they came through.

All of my Texas Hog hunting money will always go to Southhills Ranch.