View Single Post
Old 10-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #289
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Svyturys Ekstra
UAB Svyturys | Klaipeda, Lithuania
Purchased @ Lone Star Beverages - Carrollton, Texas USA

Style: Dortmunder/Helles

Very refreshing and quite a tasty thirst quencher! This is my second brew from this brewery in Lithuania and both have been very good beers! Put this next to Miller, Coors, etc., and I am choose this one! Holds up well as the brew slows warms. Most brews in this style get that dry, chalky flavor/texture when it starts to warm up but not this brew! Very clean and crisp with none of those adjunct (a.k.a. “add junk”) aftertastes! Could definitely enjoy several of these on a hot Texas summer day!

For my 'beer-nerd' details on this brew, please click here.

=========================

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid
Lagunitas Brewing Company | Petaluma, California USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Imperial/Double IPA

Insanely aromatic!! Good hard punches of hops from start to finish with wild flavors of grapefruit throughout. Although intensely hoppy, this brew finishes off smooth with a nice blending of sweet malts and bitter hops. For a malt-head like myself this brew will definitely make a hop-lover out of ya! Went superbly well with my Kalbi (Korean) dinner.

Mendocino White Hawk Original IPA
Mendocino Brewing Co. | Hopland, California USA
Purchased @ Kegs & Barrels - Plano, Texas USA

Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)

Quite a good drankin’ beer and makes for a great beer to have with some slow-grilled burgers. This is my first brew to try from Mendocino and from the tastes of this brew I’m looking forward to tasting more from them! This brew has an extremely smooth texture (almost silky) and it tastes a shy bit more hoppy than other brews in its style but it is nothing overbearing in any way. Nice hint of orange zest in the aftertaste! And now, it’s time for another brew!

Genesee Cream Ale
Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. | Rochester, New York USA

Style: Cream Ale

Not a bad brew but not something I will search out to have again. It is really light and tastes so much like a Corona it’s crazy! For what it is, it is a flavorful thirst quencher. Would be a good brew to have with some spicy hot wings though. Would love to do a blind tasting with this and a Corona and see who can guess correctly!

Ridgeway Foreign Export Stout
Ridgeway Brewing | South Stoke, United Kingdom (England)

Style: Foreign Stout

This is a good stout for folks to try if they have never had a stout before. Would make for a good breakfast brew! This is a very flavorful brew that gets better the more it warms. Flavors of chocolate, coffee, taffy, caramel and just enough hops to keep it from being overbearingly sweet. Clean, silky smooth and a long-lasting sweet malty aftertaste makes this one brew that I’ll definitely be savoring again soon!

AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote