View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #308
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Ommegang Gnomegang
Brewery Ommegang | Cooperstown, New York USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Belgian Strong Ale

Now this is one fine tasting brew! Yeasty, malty, sweet, spicy and a real nice bitter/hoppy bite on the finish that just seals the deal on this excellent ale. Creamy and slick, this brew is easy on the palate and devastatingly delicious. This brew is a tad difficult to find but if/when you do find it, stock up and enjoy!!

=========================

Lagunitas India Pale Ale (IPA)
Lagunitas Brewing Company | Petaluma, California USA

Style: India Pale Ale (IPA)

Wildly aromatic and deliciously crisp with a bitter finish. Another good brew from Lagunitas! They say that this brew is made from 43 different hops and 65 various malts; I say it’s quite tasty, whatever they used! The strong, balanced flavors of caramel and grapefruit help pave the way to a warmly bitter finish and leaves a bitter aftertaste that is quite enjoyable. A good IPA that I look forward to enjoying more of!

Kona Pipeline Porter
Kona Brewing Company | Kona, Hawaii USA

Style: Porter

Not a bad porter; nothing over the top but not bad at all. Could easily see this one going better when it is poured over some vanilla or peanut butter ice cream. Nutty, chocolaty and quite a bit of dark coffee all mixed in. Very easy on the palate and quite the ‘chug-able’ brew. Again, not a bad porter.

Leinenkugel’s Oktoberfest
Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company | Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin USA

Style: Oktoberfest / Marzen

This is a so-so oktoberfest/marzen. Semi-sweet, bready, light caramel from start to finish. The flavors are very bland; so much so that I did not finish the beer. To be honest there was a lot of ‘adjunct-like’ characteristics in both the flavor and texture of this beer. Quite dry, chalky and bitter in the aftertaste. Don’t reckon I’ll be getting back to this one anytime soon.

These and many more beer reviews (including 'beer-nerd' details about each brew) are available on my blog; the link there is provided on my profile page.

ABOUT AW's BIERKELLER: My beer review blog contains beer reviews from an 'average joe' beer enthusiast for 'average joe' beer enthusiasts. It ain't purty, heck it ain't even grammatically correct. It's just me tellin ya what I think about the brews that I have savored. It ain't much but it's sure to put a grin on your chin and a chuckle in your gullet! If'n you're into wild game (the kind ya go out into the great outdoors to get [i.e. hunting or fishing]; not that prepackaged stuff!!) then I got some tasty brews that will go right good with your meal! So thank ye kindly for stoppin by! Now get on in thar and find some brews that you'd like to try & maybe some ya'd better stay away from!

DISCLAIMER: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of these here beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice one to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure!
AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote