View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #15
NDNRoger

LSBA Region: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
I think the guys above are right. The first thing you need is a stand up guy to run things. He needs to ethical and willing to set and enforce the rules.

The rules need to be clear to everyone and rock solid before any money changes hands.

If you are getting 10 members and only taking 5 trophy bucks....that could be a problem for some people. Is it first 5 "trophy however that is defined" and the other people are just out of luck until next year?

That can work as long as you make the trophy rare enough that more than 5 won't get shot, and the penality for shooting the wrong deer a major deterent. That is kind of the way it is on our lease. Trophy's have to be 5 plus years and 10 pts. Every year we take a few, but most hunters don't get one. Of course everyone is hunting for one.

The lease sounds very good, if the guys on it have not shot it out and it needs a few years to recover. If that is true, going bowhunting is a great solution...but I would hate to be a bowhunter on it, who stayed three years while the deer were improving and then get kicked off so another group of high dollar gun hunters can come in and take the deer.

Let me know is I can help. Good luck.
You want the job?
NDNRoger is offline   Reply With Quote