View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 11:41 PM   #33
Hot4huntin
LSBA Past President

LSBA Region: 77

I almost cried when Derek broke his arrow. His arrows are Masterpieces, not your typical arrows which are used at 3-D events. He makes his own arrows and they are works of art. Truly art to be admired. He has amazing skillz!

Hope you are able to come out to our Pop-up 3-D Shoot on Aug. 23rd at BPS in Katy. We would love to have you come out and shoot! It is addictive. Bobby and I never shot 3-D much until we started shooting trad about 2 months ago.

At the TTHA Pop-up, we had a couple of qualifiers on Sunday. Robert and Lowell shot against each other. I had to shoot against Bobby. I've never been nervous shooting trad at a shoot, but I sure was at this one. It wasn't Trad friendly to begin with; shots were 20-35. Then for finals Jerry changed it and moved it in some. Bobby beat me by 2 points. Robert and Brandon shot against each other and I guess Brandon got warmed up!! Bobby and Brandon them shot for 1st and 2nd. After Brandon skipped an arrow off the bears back; he got serious and slammed 12s on the last 4 targets. Brandon won 1st, Bob 2nd and I got 3rd.

I really felt bad that I was not able to help out at the kids' shoot on Friday and Saturday. I had 2 root canals earlier in the week and was still feeling the effects. No way I could have done the bending and stooping that goes along with it and no way I could have spoken to the general public about LSBA or anything else as far as that goes. I finally started feeling better on Saturday evening and by Sunday morning, I was almost back to myself. I truly appreciate the volunteers that helped out during that time. I missed the kiddos' smiles while adding scores at the Pop-up Shoot.

Mrs. Bobby Kana and Ty and Hunter's Mom =)

Support Bowhunting~Join LSBA!

LSBA~Your Membership is Your Voice
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote