Old 07-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #246
AWMiller

LSBA Region: 76

Dog Bite High Gravity Lager
Genesee Brewing Co. / Dundee Brewing Co. | Rochester, New York USA
Purchased @ Lone Star Beverages - Carrollton, Texas USA

Style: Malt Liquor

ABV - 10%

First up on my malt liquor reviews!! Probably one of the best looking brews I’ve seen in the lager arena! This brew poured up a crystal clear light orange colored body with a frothy white head that dissipated quickly and left marginal lacing. Aromas of orange, honey, grains, and alcohol. Flavors of the same and totally not what I was expecting to come from a malt liquor. Very flavorful and very light on the palate. Has a nice, thick malty body with loads of carbonation with a clean, fruit-like finish and lingering aftertaste. Easy to drink and again, very flavorful. Will definitely have several of these on-hand!

Pairing Recommendations: spicy fish tacos or beef/chicken fajitas

Disclaimer: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of this beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice them to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure.
AWMiller is offline   Reply With Quote