View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
Chunky

I just reread this because I sent someone over here to check it out who is going to Africa soon. I decided to add.

I shoot trad so on my first trip in Zimbabwe, they had not had any real trad shooters there. The shots were set up at 30 yards, perfect for a compound, but toooo far for me to shoot. I had them take thorn brush and fill in the back side of the water holes, forcing the animals around to the side and closer to me.

They also wanted me to hunt in an elevated tree house blind. I shot one impala out of it, but got lucky as my bottom limb touched the blind. I told them, even though it was a great spot....I did not want to hunt it again.

I also told them that we are use to hunting with bait in Texas, and that it was okay with me to put out bait. They would not have done this if I had not suggested it.

The point of all this is.....communicate, make things the way you want them, don't compromise unless there is no choice. If there is a problem or something that could be better.....let them know, they may be able to fix it. You are spending thousands of dollars and your valuable vacation time, this is not the time to be shy. That is not to say be rude or demanding, but I think you know what I mean. They want to do everything in their power to make you happy.

Buff's so deadly...filming him killed my camera!
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote