View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
Hot4huntin
LSBA Past President

LSBA Region: 77
Default In the Bush of South Africa~A Short Novel

I apologize for the long read, but I could not shorten my experience of South Africa.

South Africa was amazing and the culture unbelievable at times! We traveled Air France and left out of Houston at 10:00 p.m. on June 25th for a 9 hr 30 min flight to Paris.

We had a 9 hr layover in Paris, so we decided to test the public transportation system and take a tour of the Eiffel Tower. Holy cow!! The traffic in Paris makes Houston traffic seem rural! I have never heard so many midget clown cars "BEEEEEEEPPPPPP" at the same time. We took the bus to the Arc de Triomphe.

From there, we took the train to the Eiffel Tower. We had planned on taking the tour, but the wait would have put us back at the airport too late.

We ate ate a sidewalk bistro before returning to the airport by train.

Air France for 10 hr 30 minute trip to Jo'burg. It was a little more bumpy than the first leg of our journey.

Jo'burg Airport

Loading up for the approximate 2 ½ hour trip to the concession. It took two trucks and a bus to get us all and our equipment to BJF Lodge.

Arrival at BJF

Checking out a hide

A little practice

It did not take me long to figure out that my bow had been damaged on the trip over. The screw was almost completely out of my cam and my peep sight was twisted. David and Bobby did repairs to my bow, but I was still shooting a high. Frustration!

The first night we shared a loft room with Tom and Renee McIntire. We had community facilities outside. Showering was quite cold!

Mrs. Bobby Kana and Ty and Hunter's Mom =)

Support Bowhunting~Join LSBA!

LSBA~Your Membership is Your Voice
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote