View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #10
skeeter

LSBA Region: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledjadji Safaris View Post
I think its a great trophy to have despite it being a horse The meat is good but why eat zebra when you can eat kudu or buffalo?

The tigerfish we caught came out of the Okovango but they are widely distributed in some African countries like Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia etc.
They are PREDATORS!!!
These ones on the photo was caught on tigerfish fillet of some smaller ones we caught. You can catch them on almost anything when they are in a frenzy. We mostly use Rapalas, Spinners and spoons. Guys do well on fly fishing as well. Then there is live bait and you can make a long list and go on and on and on.....We do troll for them occasionally I don't prefer it personally. The meat aint that great its very oily(reason why we use it for bait) Had some fish cakes before from tigerfish and it was good to try out and they have alott of bones.

Not sure of the record but no about 10kg tigers that have been caught. Then they have a cousin in Central Africa the Goliath Tigerfish that reaches 60kg in size.

Hope that covers it. Thanks for the interesting question.I'll attach a Goliath tiger fish.

Nevr tried buffalo yet! (well, I did eat bison once!), kudu is excellent!

WOW! that thing is freakin huge! That is cool! 60kg, thats like 130 pounds, right! Freakin HUGE!! I gotta start plannin a tiger fishin trip! that looks like fun

thanks for the info. keep it comin. never can get too much of africa!

Genesis 27:3
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote