View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #1
Hot4huntin
LSBA Past President

LSBA Region: 77
Default RSatt's~7 days in Cotulla

I'm posting this for Ronnie (Rsatt). Congrats on an incredible buck, Ronnie! A well-deserved trophy! So do you get to hang him in the house???

I left last Saturday morning headed to Cotulla. Hunted Saturday afternoon without seeing much. Sunday, I set up on a sendero about 70 yards from a feeder that I had never hunted much. Sunday afternoon late., I spotted what look like a pretty good deer. I was getting dark, so I could not tell much about him. But, I did see enough to want to come back. Well, I didn't see him anymore for two days. Then Wednesday morning, I see him feeding on the corn, coming toward me. He gets about 50 yards away and sees the ground blind. Busted. He slowly turns and walks away. I move the blind back inthe brush alittle more. Wednesday afternoon and Thursday, I see a few deer. They do not seem to be as scared of the blind as they were earlier. I pass a pretty good 3.5 years old eight Thursday morning. Friday morning, I get there early, still dark. There are coyotes howling all around me close. I'm thinking this ain't good. They settle down and move on. Just as it is beginning to get light, I can outline a big bodied deer feeding toward me. Everything kinda come together. As it is getting lighter, he is coming closer. Finally at 30 yards, he stops and looks at the blind. It is now or never. He turns quartering to me and I release the Shuttle T Lock. It enters around the front shoulder. Not the best of shots, but maybe. I wait about 20 minutes and get out of the blind, No blood. But it did pass thru. I walk to where he went in the brush, go 60 yards and there he is. He has 13 points and is an estimated 5.5 years old. My best deer with a bow. He grossed 155 4/8th.

Mrs. Bobby Kana and Ty and Hunter's Mom =)

Support Bowhunting~Join LSBA!

LSBA~Your Membership is Your Voice
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote