View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 08:07 PM   #15
Trailboss
Super Moderator

I'm gonna have to disagree with the statement that crossbow hunters are the future of primative weapons season. I just don't believe that.

Archery only season was established for archery equipment - not muzzle loaders and not crossbows. And no sir - crossbows are NOT archery equipment. Not by definition - not by fact. They just are not! Archery Only season has gotten along quite well without crossbows being allowed and we don't need them now. Not allowing crossbows in archery season is not the reason for declining numbers of hunters. The urbanization of our society is to blame for that. Not allowing crossbow hunters in archery season is not preventing anyone that wants to hunt with a crossbow from doing it. They can do it now under current provisions.

I am not anit-crossbow as I've said many times. I'm not opposed to anyone using a crossbow to hunt. I'm not even opposed to someone using a crossbow in archery season if disabilities prevent them from using more conventional gear.

I just don't see the need for including crossbows in archery season when they are already allowed in the general season and are already allowed in archery season for people with disabilities.

You folks can paint this picture as pretty as you want, but the truth is - this is being pushed by the crossbow manufacturers for one reason only - dollars! You can claim to have lofty ambitions to be the saving grace of archery - but the truth is, you're doing this for money - plain, simple, and the truth! You can put lipstick on a pig but it only makes it a prettier pig. It's still a pig!

Trailboss
Trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote