Thread: TPWD Draw hunts
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
john.308

LSBA Region: 75

Just incase you didn't know....

You don't have to use a tag off of your license on draw hunts for deer. I want to hunt a particular state owned land for Mule deer that is draw only. Problem is you only get one tag on your license for a Mule deer buck. I have to give my outfitter a deposit way before they even have the draw for the State land. I e-mailed the TPWD about that. Here is the response:

We thank you for your comments and suggestions and we have good news that you may not realize. The Special Drawing Hunts for deer, both whitetail & mule deer, those fortunate to be chosen for a hunt, do not have to sacrifice a deer tag(s) from their license, we supply TPWD tags specifically for those hunts when an animal is taken.
Therefore, you can still utilize an outfitter for your Mule Deer tag on your hunting license and still have the same opportunity to apply for any of the Mule Deer Draw Hunt Categories as everyone else that would like to apply also and not have to use the tag from their license if chosen.
Draw Hunt areas such as the Matador WMA, do have restrictions on the mule deer bucks and some on whitetail bucks to focus on older-aged deer for harvest instead of any buck, primarily younger bucks, being legal to take by the drawn hunter.
Please take the opportunity in using the Special Drawing Hunt system in applying and we look forward to you staying with our program and good luck this coming fall in the application/drawing process.
If we can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact us at your convenience and have a great week.
-----Original Message-----
[
mailto:TPWD.Web.Site@prodweb.tpwd.state.tx.us]
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 11:11 AM
To: hunt
Subject: Web Site - E-MAIL REPLY REQUESTED - Hunting
john.308 is offline   Reply With Quote