View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 06:36 PM   #11
NETexasOutdoors

LSBA Region: 75

I'm not in favor of using them for the able-bodied in archery season. And I am certainly not in favor of allowing crossbows in archery season. I have been around LSBA off and on since 1982 and share what I think is the majority opinion on both of these subjects.

I also have been told face to face by the actual folks the fight LSBA made to whittle us out an archery season. I respect tradition and I stand by those folks. I personally would prefer draw locs not be allowed in archery season except for those unable to hunt without it.

I am sort of at war with myself in this way. I don't have a problem with sharing the last weekend with youth. Yeah, I would prefer they move general season back 2 days and start it on a Monday and give the youth opening weekend of the current general season but due to money it won't happen. But I also don't see allowing a youth too young to draw a bow to use a draw loc to archery hunt in bow season. Like I said, I can't explain it real well but it just don't seem right.

I look at people like my 71 year old dad who fell through the decking of a roof and jerked both of his shoulders out of socket and think the draw loc would give him an opportunity to bow hunt again or a 38 year old man with MS and with 2 sons. If he could bowhunt again and take his sons and they see his example would it influence them to become adult bowhunters and guardians of our obsession.

I'm not saying anyone is suggesting the injured or handicapped be denied the opportunity to bowhunt in archery season. I'm just weighing the greater good against our dedicated season.

Thanks for hearing me out. Like I said LSBA is my kind of folks. I will try to participate more than I have.