Thread: Observation
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #11
Hot4huntin
LSBA Past President

LSBA Region: 77

The LSBA has been in existence since 1974 and the website since approximately 1996. I am member of both the LSBA and TBH forums and post regularly on both.

I enjoy the informative posts on the LSBA site and am glad that we do not have to deal with a lot of the other things that the Moderators on TBH have to police. They do an awesome job, but it is also very time consuming and frustrating at times. I believe both TBH and the LSBA offer invaluable services to the bowhunting and archery communities of Texas. As the State bowhunting organization, the LSBA has to focus on the business/political side of bowhunting as well, such as rules and regulation changes, etc.

The LSBA has many members who are also members of TBH and into social networking, etc., but we also have a lot of "old-school" members as well. There are about 150 members who do not have email addresses and who still do business by regular mail. They get their news from our magazine and not the website. In fact, I received a story for the magazine last month via US mail, which was hand-written. Some of our members would rather spend time in the field with their bow only, no phone, no camera. The LSBA is glad to be a sponsor of TBH and will hopefully reach more bowhunters.

There are things which can be discussed other than bowhunting and archery on the LSBA's forum. I like the beer reviews which have recently appeared on here. In fact, I used them to choose a beer in which I marinated my red fish on the half shell from our Louisiana bowfishing trip. Thanks, Mr. Miller! I enjoy the recipe section as well.

Many of the LSBA EC members also serve as Moderators for the site. If we are conducting a LSBA event, hosting a hunt, etc.; it is hard to monitor the site at the same time. I would like to see our forum to get more traffic. However, the LSBA's primary mission is to preserve and promote bowhunting in Texas and we do so through hands on training in the field, by monitoring possible rules and regulations changes, through 3-D events, hunts, etc. The forum is a tool to assist us in promoting and preserving bowhunting, not our primary focus.

Keep on posting!! I am glad to see so many that support both LSBA and TBH!

Mrs. Bobby Kana and Ty and Hunter's Mom =)

Support Bowhunting~Join LSBA!

LSBA~Your Membership is Your Voice
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote