View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Speak The Language

LSBA Region: 77
Smile My first Bow Kill

I harvested my first animal with a bow this past weekend. I shot a spike. I was in a treestand and the deer was only about 15 yards away. The wind was blowing hard in my face. In fact, the tree was swaying a good 4 inches back and forth. The deer never knew I was there. I was able to stand up, wait for the broadside, and take my time for a steady shot. My Mathews bow made the Magnus broadhead tipped arrow pass through the deer and stick into the ground. I could see blood covering the blazer vanes. I had made a double lung shot. He walked about 38 yards and laid down!! I was pumped!! Since it was only 7:40am, I nocked another arrow, sat down and waited too see if I could take two in one day. I did not see anything else, but that is proably because I kept looking at the spike wtih the binoculars and texting all my family/friends!! Thanks to the great God above and all my Bowhunting brothers/sisters for helping make this possible....Charles

Oh, and he was 1. 5 years old and weighed 100 lbs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0132 (Small).JPG (91.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0131 (Small).JPG (105.1 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by Speak The Language; 10-26-2010 at 12:06 AM.. Reason: added deer stats
Speak The Language is offline   Reply With Quote