View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 02:37 PM   #3
tinman

LSBA Region: 75

First Blood I...Thankfully the storm missed us and really helped to cool the evening down. After seeing several good sized boars moving around early, we passed on some 30-40#ers early in the hunt. On two different occasions we had a pair of 200#ers moving in from the west only to be betrayed by the swirling winds and have them flip around. At last light we decided to take a little pig when he gave a good angle at about 18-yards. This was Liam's first trip to the stand with me and he was able to witness a clean trad-bow harvest with the pig dropping insight. I couldn't be happier with the outcome.
diamondc 033.jpg

One word, LANDSHARK!!!!
diamondc 034.jpg

First Blood II...my brother-in-law (Trey) took his first animal with a bow (a 1970's Wing recurve) at around 20-yards with one arrow taking out the top of both lungs. When we pulled around to pick him up, he had already bloodtrailed the hog himself and drug it to the road. Let's hear it for the new guy!
diamondc 040.jpg
"Today there is no need to battle with the beasts of prey and little necessity to kill wild animals for food; but still the instinct persists. The love of the chase still thrills us and all the misty past echoes with the hunters call."

Saxton Pope

Last edited by tinman; 06-30-2008 at 12:08 AM..
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote