View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 10:50 AM   #12
Chunky

LostHawg,

I hope you don't think I intended anything against you. I didn't, I probably should have said my experience is different rather than I disagree with you. I hope you didn't feel like you had to pull your post. Even if we do disagree on subjects sometimes, that is what makes for good discussion and and growth.

The example I was thinking of occured when a guy (poacher) killed and elk in Yellowstone Park. Because of the mountains in the back ground of the "trophy" pictures which were sent in to a magazine he got caught.

If I remember correctly he got a 3 thousand dollar fine. While that is not loose change from the couch....it is less than half of the price of a top of the line guided elk hunt. So, if you follow the logic,,, I am a bad guy who doesn't mind breaking the law and I want to kill an elk. I just go to the park. Even if I get caught (and I probably won't) I still get off for half the price of the guided hunt. If I don't kill an elk while I am in the park, it costs me nothing and I have done nothing wrong. My question is where is the deterrent.

I wish everyone had character and good sense of right and wrong, but as we all know that is just not the case.

I have called the game tips line before, and while they took the information, I got the impression that nothing was going to happen. Understaffed and underfunded thanks for trying.....

MJ
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote