Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lone Star Bowhunter (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Fall Issue??? (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281)

tinman 10-27-2005 09:52 PM

Fall Issue???

Anyone gotten the FALL issue yet? I've yet to get mine?

I spoke with the Publisher early Monday and they told me it had gone out, just wondering if anyone else has a copy yet?

Texas5o 10-28-2005 12:28 AM

I got mine today. Haven't had a chance to look through it yet, though.

Beleg 10-28-2005 06:12 AM

I got mine and it's a good one!

Cull 10-28-2005 09:53 PM

Got mine today as well.

LostHawg 10-29-2005 04:15 PM

Still haven't received mine.

bowjunkie 10-29-2005 04:27 PM

I hear ya LostHawg...guess the Pony Express detoured around our teepees 8)

Looking forward to this issue. Tinman's been doing a bang up job as Editor

LostHawg 10-29-2005 07:27 PM

Yeah he is. I really like the cover he did with Mark (Chunky) and his muley. That was definitely gonna be a hard one to top.

tinman 10-29-2005 07:56 PM

Thanks guys. I got my copy but haven't been able to post or check e-mails for a couple of days...Comcast has been 'hit & miss' for awhile for me but this week it's been more miss!

Tracy, all I really do is select the photo for the cover...and I have consulted with either Roger or Tomme on both our photo selections so far. Roger does a great job of putting together the cover and selecting which articles to 'highlight' on the cover. Roger also selects the fonts for the article's headlines...in general, if something looks 'amiss' in design or layout, I did that and Roger didn't have time clean it up for me. :oops: :lol:

Hopefully I will be able to srart a couple of threads related to the magazine tonight...if this connection holds up.

bowjunkie 10-30-2005 11:29 AM

Hey Editor........PROOF

Quote: "Hopefully I will be able to srart"

Heard speel chek is free these days!

Tell ya what...since I have moderator powers...I'll change your typo and delete my post for a cold one :twisted:

LostHawg 10-30-2005 12:30 PM

:lol: :lol:

Wuts a srart?

:twisted:

Frontloader 10-30-2005 02:59 PM

Well last issue I was one of the first to receive one. Guess this time I will be one of the last. :(

You would think I would be first every time since I am less then 10 miles from the print shop. I think. :?

tinman 10-30-2005 03:49 PM

:oops:...I'm only human. :wink:

I fell asleep before 9pm last night and never made it back to the 'puter to even see if I was online or not...just got of work today (second Sunday in a row!...I need to go huntin'). I'll post those threads after I cook venison & shrimp fajitas!

Spell check, proof, submit...:P

LostHawg 10-31-2005 05:54 PM

Phew!!!

I got it.

Once again, the magazine staff did an outstanding job.

BUT... :twisted:

We need more stories. We need ALL bowhunters within the LSBA involved in the magazine. Traditional, Compound, Sellfbow, those shooting barebow compound, those shooting sighted recurves, every member who pays their dues, needs to know this is about THEM, US, not just a tight knit group in a remote corner of Texas trying to entertain a select few. Oh, more pictures too. Not necessarily of the game taken, but of members doing what bow hunting members do in the field, on the range and in the preparation for both.

I really liked Elvis's article (I am a Tradbow dude ya know). Thanks Elvis.

We've got some real potential here. We need to make the best of it.

JPaul 11-01-2005 10:50 AM

Still waiting on mine.

bowjunkie 11-01-2005 01:36 PM

Yeppers....still waiting here as well. mailman just left and nada. Our mailman hunts and with the bang up job Tinman as Editor and the new publisher have been doing, he may of stole it 8)