Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   3D Tournaments (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2010 LSBA 3-D Schedule (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2564)

BOBSTER 01-19-2010 03:15 PM

2010 LSBA 3-D Schedule

Feb: 28 Texins Archery Club, Dallas, TX

Apr:11 Canyon Lake, Sattler, TX

April:17 Abilene Archery Club, Abiliene, TX
April:18 Abilene Archery Club, Abilene, TX
This is now a two day shoot.

May:16 Brazoria CO, Brazoria, TX

June:13 Collin County Bowhunters Assoc,,Verona, TX Banquet Shoot

June:27 Bannanna Bend, Baytown, TX

July:25 State Championship Tejas Archery, Corpus Christi, TX

Best 5 out of 6 to be Regional Champion. Good luck to all.

RickBarbee 01-19-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBSTER (Post 19795)

April:18 Abilene Archery Club, Abilene, TX

Can we get a confirmation on this one?

Abilene Bowhunters is having an ASA qualifier that weekend, but an LSBA shoot is news to me.

BOBSTER 01-20-2010 07:59 AM

Rick, we will check with David on this, but is the ASA qualifier a two day event. Our shoots are on Sunday. Bob

RickBarbee 01-20-2010 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBSTER (Post 19801)
Rick, we will check with David on this, but is the ASA qualifier a two day event. Our shoots are on Sunday. Bob

Hi Bob. Yes the ASA shoot is a two day event.

I am an ABA officer this year, and am in charge of keeping up with, and posting our schedule on our website. I haven't heard about the LSBA shoot, and that is why I ask.

Something I would be totally for would be to combine the ASA, and the LSBA (if that is possible) on that date, but the decision isn't up to me.

Jamey Creek is our president this year.
I would suggest contacting him.
325-668-6095

Thanks for your quick response.

Rick Barbee

http://www.abilenebowhunters.org/

nothinbutwelves 01-20-2010 08:30 AM

jamie creek is the one that gave me the date of april 18 back in december i am trying to get ahold of him to see if he had a change of mind.he was excited to have us coming back i will get an answer on a cancelation or reschedule as soon as he calls me back.

RickBarbee 01-20-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nothinbutwelves (Post 19803)
jamie creek is the one that gave me the date of april 18 back in december i am trying to get ahold of him to see if he had a change of mind.he was excited to have us coming back i will get an answer on a cancelation or reschedule as soon as he calls me back.

I'll be talking to Jamey pretty soon, and try to get some word on it.

I would love to see this happen, but like I said, the decision isn't mine.

Would it be possible to combine the LSBA shoot with the ASA shoot on Sunday?

My suggestion would be to have a separate sign up station for those who are shooting the LSBA on the 18th.
I know it would take a little thinking, and coordinating, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

BOBSTER 01-20-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickBarbee (Post 19805)
Would it be possible to combine the LSBA shoot with the ASA shoot on Sunday?

My suggestion would be to have a separate sign up station for those who are shooting the LSBA on the 18th.
I know it would take a little thinking, and coordinating, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.

Rick, I am speaking for myself, and I am not the LSBA Tournament Director so it is not my choice, but here is why it normally does not turn out good. If a club has their shoot along with the LSBA, normally a lot of the club shooters will shoot the clubs and not the LSBA. We hope by having a shoot at any given club, their members will come out and shoot the LSBA's because they love shooting 3-D, and really want to help support the LSBA. Hope that makes sense. Bob

nothinbutwelves 01-21-2010 07:54 AM

i spoke with jamie last night and he is going to talk to a.s.a.and check on reschedule we will cancel most likely.it is just too far for me to drive to try and share a shoot with a.s.a.like bob said we have tried this before and l.s.b.a.always looses out last time i had 10 shooters we just cant afford to pay out like a.s.a.does.so it becomes simple economics shoot lsba for a plaque or maybe 50 dollars or a.s.a.for 200 dollars i shoot a.s.a.and have a great time and relationship but they are the big dogs up north.jamie is excited about l.s.b.a.coming back if not this year we will be there next year.i will keep you all posted as to the outcome in the next couple days.

biggen 02-08-2010 07:10 AM

Back to the top!!

BOBSTER 02-17-2010 01:14 PM

LSBA's Abilene Shoot has now became a 2 day event along side their ASA qualifier shoot. Bob