Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   As opening day approaches... (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2840)

axisbuck24 09-22-2010 10:34 AM

As opening day approaches...

What do you do to get ready for the first day of archery season? Do you pull out your good luck camo or lucky hat? Any superstitions?

I have a favorite camooutfiit but I would not call it lucky. I plan on shorts if it is hot on opening day, which right now there is a good chance of that being the case.

Next week, I will place my scent free camo in a scent free bag. I will start going through my backpack and of course continue pulling my bow!

Then on Wednesday of next week, the meal planning for opening day begins to take place. Food, fun and bowhunting.....what a great receipe for a outstanding season.

bountyhunter 09-22-2010 12:43 PM

I have a long list of things to do and I know I'm forgetting something, I always forget something. The big thing is getting all my camo washed and packed in scent free bags also.

Most of the week I'll be by myself so sandwiches is on the menu for most of those days. My wife will handle the menu when she will be in camp with me.

My biggest decision this year is which arrows I'll be using....tough decision.

axisbuck24 09-22-2010 01:03 PM

Use the ones that show up good in pics and film.

Pick A Spot 09-22-2010 04:14 PM

I typically go over my gear for the 10th time and then start praying for cooler weather.

Ronny 09-22-2010 06:19 PM

I sure hope it cools off just a little.
I've made so many opening days I can do it in my sleep.

Walking_Eagle 09-23-2010 07:10 AM

X2, If it was november 2, I might give it some thought.

axisbuck24 09-23-2010 07:27 AM

Rain or shine....heat stroke and all.....I will be in my blind as long as the man upstairs allows me.

BOBSTER 09-23-2010 08:39 AM

I be packing shorts and mowing equipment. Porbably going to be to hot for me to get into the blind, so I will be mowing around camp and getting things cleaned up. Got word that someone broke into our camp house the other day:mad:, so will be having to make a inventory to see what was taken. Bob

Shane 09-23-2010 12:01 PM

Cool front scheduled to come through Oct. 1st. NE winds and highs in the 70s for Oct. 2nd!

Add one more thing to my pre-season prep list now - setting up a pop-up for a NE wind. I'll take it!

Hot4huntin 09-23-2010 02:54 PM

I will get in the truck and sleep on the way to the lease as Bobby should have all of my things packed and loaded by the time I get home from work! :D :D

Actually, I am going to wash all of my hunting clothes in scent free detergent this weekend, which means there will be a water shortage in The Fe. Then they will get repacked in my enormous hunting bag that Bobby loves so much. I also need to recheck my field bag and see if I need to restock any supplies. I am going to try out my 3-D Leafy Suit with shorts and a tank and while Bobby's mowing, I will enjoy a nice cold adult beverage as I watch from the shade of the porch. :cheers:

axisbuck24 09-24-2010 07:44 AM

:jump:You better look out Bobby might think you are a week and mow right over you.:p

BOBSTER 09-24-2010 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot4huntin (Post 21666)
I will get in the truck and sleep on the way to the lease as Bobby should have all of my things packed and loaded by the time I get home from work! :D :D

Actually, I am going to wash all of my hunting clothes in scent free detergent this weekend, which means there will be a water shortage in The Fe. Then they will get repacked in my enormous hunting bag that Bobby loves so much. I also need to recheck my field bag and see if I need to restock any supplies. I am going to try out my 3-D Leafy Suit with shorts and a tank and while Bobby's mowing, I will enjoy a nice cold adult beverage as I watch from the shade of the porch. :cheers:

You should have started a month ago just so you can find all that stuff since you used it last time.

Jo did you wake up again to early this morning. Bob

Ronny 09-24-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOBSTER (Post 21679)
You should have started a month ago just so you can find all that stuff since you used it last time.

Jo did you wake up again to early this morning. Bob

Its the hair color Bob.:whistle:;):)

axisbuck24 09-24-2010 05:20 PM

Misspelled works will kill a joke.:err:

biggen 09-24-2010 05:24 PM

Try not to eat beans or real spicy food!! :D