Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   magazine editor needs your help (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3457)

skeeter 02-01-2012 01:37 PM

magazine editor needs your help

startin to run low on photos and stories for the magazine. please send in to lsbaeditor@yahoo.com

I enjoy reading about a successful hunting trip as much as the next guy, but now that huntin season is over, what do I need to do to get ready for next season? Im lookin for how to articles as well. how to build home made pop up. how to set up trail cams. how to make a ______________ (fill in the blank) what do you look for when scouting for a new area to hunt?

Remember, huntin doesnt always mean killin something. Most hunting trips dont end with a kill, but that doesnt mean they werent memorable. What did u see? What did u hear? Id also like to hear about your favorite camp house recipes! send in recipes and photo of plated dish.

Also, without archers, we wouldnt have bow hunters. With the warming weather, 3D season is gonna be in full swing soon. What do you do to get ready for a 3D shoot?

The magazine depends on members submitting articles, stories and pix. The LSBA magazine does not employee staff writers, so we depend on you for the content of the magazine. So get those thoughts and memories written down and sent in today!

Bisch 02-01-2012 09:15 PM

Hey skeeter, can I steal a few lines of this for my TBoT newsletter? I know exactly how you are on this one. I thought during hunting season I would get a rash of pics because everyone was hunting. I got nearly none and had to send out emails begging folks to send me pics to put in the 4th Qtr newsletter.

Good luck geting some interesting stuff.

Bisch

skeeter 02-01-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisch (Post 26220)
Hey skeeter, can I steal a few lines of this for my TBoT newsletter? I know exactly how you are on this one. I thought during hunting season I would get a rash of pics because everyone was hunting. I got nearly none and had to send out emails begging folks to send me pics to put in the 4th Qtr newsletter.

Good luck geting some interesting stuff.

Bisch

no problem. anything i can do to help, just let me know.

DoubleB20 02-02-2012 10:42 AM

I'll have some pictures and stories of Bisch and the guys missing some flying pheasants in a couple of weeks. rofl

Bisch 02-02-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleB20 (Post 26222)
I'll have some pictures and stories of Bisch and the guys missing some flying pheasants in a couple of weeks. rofl

Why you picking on me? :boohoo: :hot::boohoo:

Besides, I'm bringing a secret weapon this year!

Bisch

skeeter 02-02-2012 04:16 PM

hunting doesn't always mean killin! its all about the memories! can't wait to see stories and pix.

skeeter 02-02-2012 06:50 PM

OK, I see yall lookin. I know a couple of yall that checked out this thread shot something this year, but I dont believe it. If you dont send me the pix, it didnt happen!

skeeter 02-13-2012 08:45 AM

Getting several stories and pix sent in. Thanks.

SpringerDIVA 02-21-2012 12:23 PM

Sending you some pictures from the safari (Campfornis) that hubby won at the 2010 LSBA auction. He had a great trip and took a lot of great pictures with my camera after a couple of basic photography lessons.

skeeter 02-21-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpringerDIVA (Post 26334)
Sending you some pictures from the safari (Campfornis) that hubby won at the 2010 LSBA auction. He had a great trip and took a lot of great pictures with my camera after a couple of basic photography lessons.

can't wait to see em!

BOBSTER 02-21-2012 06:50 PM

SpringDIVA, write up a story to go with the pics. I love relivisting South Africa even if it's through others.
Bob

skeeter 02-22-2012 09:37 AM

thanks to everyone that has sent in stories and pix. please continue to send in those stories and pix to lsbaeditor@yahoo.com.