Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   LSBA Magazine (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1907)

Eric4x4 10-17-2008 08:29 PM

LSBA Magazine

Another great job everyone. As always enjoyed the articles. I noticed BHNA or Bowhunting North America has a add in this time. They have a great website Bowhuntingnorthamerica.com and we enjoy their TV show as well on the sportsman chanel. I went on a Javelina hunt with BAO and the Ferguson family was their filming for the TV show, the entire family hunts together. I met the Fergusons again at the LSBA banquet. Great group of people.

gmherps 10-19-2008 07:19 AM

I agree, another really nice issue!

Chew 10-20-2008 12:03 AM

Yep...great story Dan (Skeeter) about your hunt in Africa!

Chunky 10-20-2008 08:17 PM

I just got mine as well. Another great job Roger. I too liked the Africa story, having been a couple of times, it really made me think and miss my hunts.

Big kudos (or is it kudu's in Africa) for using the rifle to finish the wounded animal. I know how hard that was (did it myself) and much respect for doing the right thing.

I didn't realize my story was soooooo long. I must remember that for future submissions.

support the sponsers....and good hunting.

Diamond C 10-21-2008 08:41 AM

Looks great. Good job everyone.

Target-panic 10-22-2008 03:20 PM

I took mine along on a trip to the Bugscuffle Ranch, didn't harvest anything, could have taken a dozen red deer, black buck or two and busted horn spotted fallow, but it was a great hunt anyway. Brian and Deb were great hosts.

Anyway back to the magazine, did anyone else have to stand on their head to read pages 12 - 17, or was it just my copy?

Great articles, I always enjoy the stories from the real people.

skeeter 10-29-2008 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chew (Post 15128)
Yep...great story Dan (Skeeter) about your hunt in Africa!

Thanks Chew. I was really surprised when I got my mag in the mail. I wasnt sure it would be good enough to be published. That or LSBA was really hurtin for a story!!:eek:

Thanks LSBA, keep up the great work!!

BUFF 10-30-2008 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 15230)
Thanks Chew. I was really surprised when I got my mag in the mail. I wasnt sure it would be good enough to be published. That or LSBA was really hurtin for a story!!:eek:

Thanks LSBA, keep up the great work!!

I enjoyed your story alot........ very well done

NDNRoger 10-30-2008 08:35 PM

I am happy that everyone is enjoying the mag.

LostHawg 11-03-2008 07:24 AM

My wife saw it before I did. "Did you see your picture in the magazine?" I said, "huh"? "My picture's not in the magazine. What are you talking about." She showed it to me... Well, I never! :D

Haven't had a chance to read it yet. Its out in my truck as we speak and I'll read it while I'm waiting to pick up the boys this afternoon...

From what I've seen (my picture), GREAT job Rog... :D