Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   LSBA Javelina Hunt (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1249)

Tomme 12-30-2007 11:26 PM

LSBA Javelina Hunt

The LSBA hunt committee is now taking reservations for first ever modern era LSBA Fellowship Javelina hunt. Here's the details.

Where: First Point Bowhunting (Mike and Nancy Palmer's place)- near Uvalde Texas.

When: February 22-24 (noon on Friday through noon on Sunday).

Cost: $150 total for the two day hunt. Thanks to the generosity of Mike and Nancy kids 16 and under hunt free on this hunt (In other words, a child can hunt free with their paying parent).

Bag Limit: One javelina. I believe we are also allowed a hog, but am checking on this and will post back later.

Reservations are limited and you must be an LSBA member to come on this hunt. To insure a spot send your $150 deposit to

LSBA
c/o Tomme R. Actkinson
159 Copano Ridge
Rockport, TX 78382

PLEASE NOTE! Deposits are non-refundable. In the event that you cannot make the hunt, you may sell your spot to another LSBA member. Please pay by mail as I will use earliest postmark in case of ties.

This hunt should be a lot of fun and will be a real opportunity to fill that javelina spot on your trophy room wall.

MANY THANKS TO THE PALMERS AND FIRST POINT FOR MAKING THIS HUNT POSSIBLE!

jake-1024 12-31-2007 12:02 AM

I am very interested. Any chance my girlfriend can come along and hunt also? She is not an LSBA member though.

Bullrdr82 12-31-2007 07:15 AM

Jake -

I would probably say no. I know last year I had a couple buddies that wanted to go Turkey hunting with us on Grunts and Gobblers. All I did was get them to sign up.

I would recommend just getting her signed up and then you should not have to worry about anything.

Tomme - Is is still a "Deposit" if the amount is for the whole hunt??? HE HE HE :)

Graybow 12-31-2007 12:33 PM

Well, I was gettin on here to ask about this very hunt! lol Good timing Tomme! How many spots will be available?

Tomme 12-31-2007 04:22 PM

Jake, I'm sorry, but this is a member's only hunt. For only $25 she can become a member, and then she's good to go.

Graybow we have 10 slots for the hunt. We might be able to stretch it to 12 and I will check that on my hunt this week, but think of it as 10.

Notice has also gone out on the Grunts and Gobbles and I'll post it here next week, but thought I'd put up the javelina hunt first.

jake-1024 12-31-2007 08:47 PM

Thanks for the info Tomme. It's for a good cause anyways so she may soon be a member also. I have to talk to my manager and try to get that weekend off. If so I will at least send my deposit in soon.

Tomme 01-01-2008 02:52 PM

Sounds good Jake. Should be a good and productive hunt as we will only have a small number of hunters on a 5,000 (?) acre ranch.

Videographer 01-01-2008 05:31 PM

Tomme, will the "youth" hunters lodging also be free?

Chunky 01-01-2008 05:39 PM

This sounds like fun, and I enjoy the fellowship, but with limited spots I think I will pass and let others have a chance. It is turns out that we don't get ten....which I seriously doubt will be a problem...I would reconsider.

Good luck to all and I expect some stories.

Videographer 01-01-2008 06:15 PM

Chunky....uhmm I might ask you to go....but I'll PM ya :)

kellyg 01-02-2008 01:12 PM

I KNEW it was going to be that weekend.....

Videographer 01-02-2008 06:06 PM

Ok my better half will take one of the spots along with my daughter & son.

Hot4huntin 01-04-2008 08:48 AM

Sounds like a fun hunt!! BIG THANKS to Mike and Nancy Palmer!

Coach, don't forget to get Melissa signed up as an LSBA member before sending your deposit in to Tomme. It can be done by regular mail, credit card or Paypal! Thanks!

Videographer 01-04-2008 05:25 PM

Dena how much to add a family membership onto what I already got?

tinman 01-05-2008 11:52 AM

This should be a good hunt...wonder if these dates would work for my brother-in-law? We'd probably have to bail Sunday AM so he could get back to the metromess for work Sunday night...hmmm...I'll get back with you Tomme.

How many spots are taken so far?