Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I Shot A Black Widow And Liked It (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1773)

nothinbutwelves 08-11-2008 06:35 PM

I Shot A Black Widow And Liked It

Is There Anything I Need To Know Good Or Bad About A Black Widow Bow I Shot It This Weekend And Really Liked It I Am New To This Trad,stuff But Am Having Alot Of Fun With With Family And Friends.i Am Told That A Widow Isnt A Real Custom Bow And You Dont Want A Bow That Costs More Than A Few Bills That Isnt A Custom What Does This Mean And Why Is This Said I Called And Black Widow Will Put My Name On It And Build To My Requests Help Me If You Can.thanks

BOBSTER 08-11-2008 09:08 PM

David, I think BUFF can answer all your questions. I believe that is all he shoots. Bob

nothinbutwelves 08-12-2008 09:18 AM

thanks bobby i will wait for him to chime in or call me.

BUFF 08-12-2008 10:07 AM

Some say (jealous folks) that BW are not custom bows because they use CNC equipment to make them. You are right , they will make it out of they wood of your choosing to the specs you want. one word of warning, they are very additive.

nothinbutwelves 08-12-2008 10:46 AM

how do i know which riser grip i need.i dont use much palm pressure more inbetween my thumb and first two fingers.

Chunky 08-12-2008 03:44 PM

I have to remain quiet....I have a BW coming.

LostHawg 08-13-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky (Post 13990)
I have to remain quiet....I have a BW coming.

Cake eater!! :D

Well, my opinion is that Black Widows are "not custom because they use CNC equipment to make them"... :whistle:

Actually if they'd put a Great Plains longbow style grip on theirs I would love to have one. Never much cared for the way recurves felt in my hand though. Reckon I'm just different that way.

I wonder if this means I'm going to lose my Roady status.... :banned:

:D

I'm just curious, what does it matter if a bow is "custom" or not? Can you shoot the thing or not?

TXPalerider 08-13-2008 01:05 PM

When I grow up, I want to be Buff!! :D

That is an awesome video.

BUFF 08-13-2008 05:25 PM

I like the standard grip. The Asbel grip is much thicker

LostHawg 08-13-2008 09:32 PM

Marty, the grip on your 58#(?) longbow wasn't bad. I figure with a few more shots I could'a been drilling holes with it. The grip just felt a bit thick.

Really nice looking bows though. You can't dispute that...

Chunky 08-13-2008 10:41 PM

Don't worry Tracy, if making fun of Black Widows got you kicked off the show...it would have just been the Buff show from the start :)

tinman 08-13-2008 10:57 PM

:naughty: This is what we do to Black Widow-basher around here....:spank:

I like my BWs too, mine are both SA-III (Autumn Oak/Actionwood) recurves with standard grips.

Are their exotic wood bows any more custom??? ;)

Who really cares? Great performing bows.

TXPalerider 08-13-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TXPalerider (Post 14001)
When I grow up, I want to be Buff!! :D

That is an awesome video.

ROFLMAO!! How in the heck did this end up on this thread. I thought I was posting on the video thread. Of course, I distract easily. Oh well. :D

Chunky 08-14-2008 08:23 AM

The computer has a default that puts a "I want to be Buff" on every thread. It was just your turn. Buff helped set up our fine internet site...I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not :)

LostHawg 08-14-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky (Post 14016)
The computer has a default that puts a "I want to be Buff" on every thread. It was just your turn. Buff helped set up our fine internet site...I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not :)

I think my computer wants to be Buff!!!! :madpc: