Lone Star Bowhunters Association

Lone Star Bowhunters Association (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/index.php)
-   LSBA Campfire (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ed Foreman Essay Contest (http://www.lonestarbowhunter.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3514)

skeeter 05-03-2012 06:45 AM

Ed Foreman Essay Contest

How do I put this... ummm... WOW!

I just read some outstanding essays! These kids really did an excellent job in this essay contest. The only bad thing is, only one essay can win. I could throw all the names in a hat and draw a winner, they are all that good! This is gonna be a tough decision. But, I have a plan!

I plan on reading all the entries again, then I will pick what I think are the top 5. Not gonna grade spelling or grammer as much as the content. Once I pick 5, I would like to send those essays to 3 "judges" the judges will not know the writers name, just essay #?. Those three judges will pick their favorite essay and notify me of their picks. Out of those top 3 essays, I will have secret mystery judge pick the winner.

With that being said, I need three volunteers. If your kid or u know a kid that sent in an essay, I ask that you not volunteer to be a judge.

Ronny 05-03-2012 05:30 PM

I'll help you out,

MIHunter 05-05-2012 03:01 PM

Do you have an idea of when the winner will be posted? My son was curious, of course.

Thanks & Good luck to all who entered!

exit110 05-06-2012 09:12 PM

I will help you as well Dan. If you need me

Michael

skeeter 05-13-2012 08:09 AM

Just to let y'all know, I had a great time reading all the essays turned in. They were fantastic... All of them! I really had a hard time deciding which 5 to pick. They were all that good.

The top 5 essays I chose went to a panel of judges. Those 3 judges will each pick 1 essay and report back to me. Once I have their choices, I will send those to a secret judge to make the final pick. I plan to announce the winner by June 1st.

Good luck to the finalists and thank you for participating.

Speak The Language 07-23-2012 01:14 PM

update?

Any update on the winner?
:fencing:

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeeter (Post 26606)
Just to let y'all know, I had a great time reading all the essays turned in. They were fantastic... All of them! I really had a hard time deciding which 5 to pick. They were all that good.

The top 5 essays I chose went to a panel of judges. Those 3 judges will each pick 1 essay and report back to me. Once I have their choices, I will send those to a secret judge to make the final pick. I plan to announce the winner by June 1st.

Good luck to the finalists and thank you for participating.

skeeter 08-11-2012 10:17 PM

Sorry I didn't announce the winner here.

Wesley Krueger was the winner of the 2012 Ed Foreman Essay contest. Congrats to Wesley!

Special thanks to Bugscuffle Ranch for sponsoring the contest.