Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2007, 09:14 PM   #1
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

Last Activity: 06-13-2015
 @ 08:31 AM 
Default LSBA Beach Party

Still got a ways to go on this, but wanted to get everyone thinking about it.

The dates are July 13-15th and the place is Rockport, TX. You might start thinking about reservations as this is a busy beach time.

There is a blue wave beach which is great for kids and also a place to get a lot of free mullet if you can throw a cast net at all.

This is a do it yourself event in the main as in lots of fun things to do and it's more of make your own fun than a guided event. More of a get together. We do have a rough schedule which I will firm up closer to the event.

Friday night 6-10. Sign in and gather at the beach for happy hour.

Saturday morning - Sign in and fishing, also wading, bait catching, sunbathing, etc.

Saturday afternoon - mullet hunt at Salt Lake for those interested in a trophy book mullet. (Not as big as Dena's, but good enough for the record book.

Saturday evening - Fish Fry at the beach-This is free for LSBA members, but we probaly will put out a donation can. Also, I think it needs to be a bring your own sodas (or whatever).

Saturday night - Late night Flounder gigging/bowfishing

I need some folks willing to work on some committees

1. Sign in - basically pass out schedules and tell people where to go and what to do.

2. Fish Fry - We will need some deep fryers (so bring yours if you have one). We also need some cooks. I think we might spring for a shrimp and crab boil on a limited basis as well. We voted to make this free with maybe a can for donations. Do we want to cook what we catch or go buy it at HEB? Basically I need a cooking committee.

3. Bowfishing committee - This would help put on the Mullet shoot at Salt Lake, and if interested could also do a Flounder shoot Saturday night.

4. Fishing Committee - Not sure we need a committee for this, but anyone bringing a boat who is willing to take folks out might get something going. There is a pier at the park and a lot of people wade fish in the area at what is called Little Bay which is next to the park.

4. Clean up committee.

This is just a first thought and probably others can chime in here too. But what do you think?
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 09:54 PM   #2
Bullrdr82
LSBA Region 77 Rep

Last Activity: 08-10-2017
 @ 08:30 AM 

Tomme - Let me know how I can help. I think Clint (one of the guys with me on G&G with me) is coming in from Kerrville, so I know I will have some back up. Anything you might need help with, I am more than willing to help out in any way.

I didn't do it... It wasn't me.... It was my evil twin brother!!!!

"It's like flyin down some back road at midnight, with your eyes closed, and the headlights off!!!"
Bullrdr82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 PM   #3
Tomme

ALL RIGHT, You're on every committee. LOL
Old 04-10-2007, 08:24 AM   #4
Bullrdr82
LSBA Region 77 Rep

I guess that will teach me to open my BIG MOUTH... :shock:

I will do my best. I think it will be a good time, none the less!!!

"It's like flyin down some back road at midnight, with your eyes closed, and the headlights off!!!"
Old 04-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #5
roger

Last Activity: 06-28-2007
 @ 09:56 AM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullrdr82
I guess that will teach me to open my BIG MOUTH... :shock:
ROOKIE!!!!!! :lol: :lol: Don't worry, you'll learn fast after Tomme volunteers you for a few dozen positions/committees!

A better approach might have been something like mine below.

Tomme,
I would be honored and greatly enjoy being able to commit to helping on one of your beach party committees. However, my current job search and resulting uncertainty regarding future sources of financial recompense make it difficult to assertain my ability to put forth my full physical and mental facilities, however meager they may be, towards this fine endeavor you have conceived. Not wanting to fall short of the true glory of such noble service, I regrettably must eshew full commitment to service upon your committee panels for the current moment until such future time as pertinent facts may be brought forth regarding procurement of a renumarative position which would enable said committment to be enacted in a full and non-retractile fashion. :?

I'll be there and help out if possible. Depends on how the job search goes!
roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:03 PM   #6
Hot4huntin
LSBA Past President

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 07-29-2019
 @ 02:25 PM 

Tomme~While there is nothing that I would like more than to take a trophy mullet on your home turf (or is that surf?), the Kana clan is still uncertain on attendance. It sounds like it is going to be loads of fun! I am hoping that we will be able to make it.

Signed,

The Mullet Queen

Mrs. Bobby Kana and Ty and Hunter's Mom =)

Support Bowhunting~Join LSBA!

LSBA~Your Membership is Your Voice
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 12:15 PM   #7
Bullrdr82
LSBA Region 77 Rep

Roger - I have no idea what you just said!!! :? There was absolutely way too many BIG words..... I got a headache just looking at it!!!

I guess I will learn, one of these days. Oh well, I guess I have to take my beatings some how.... since I have been deamed the official LSBA "son-in-law"!!!

Old 04-12-2007, 12:01 AM   #8
Tomme

Roger, I'm like bullrider. Too, many big words. But I think I got the basic meaning meaning that you just volunteered to be on ALL the committees too. GREAT!

And as for you "Mullet Queen" I see how it is. Chicken to face me on my home surf are you ( :P ). Got to have those penned in mullets that you've been protein feeding in the off season :twisted: . Looks like the Beach Party Mullet Title is MINE!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:56 AM   #9
roger

Last Activity: 06-28-2007
 @ 09:56 AM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomme
Roger, I'm like bullrider. Too, many big words. But I think I got the basic meaning meaning that you just volunteered to be on ALL the committees too. GREAT!
Uh oh! I'd better find myself a dictionary somewhere and see what I just said. See Brandon, even being around Tomme is fraught with peril. Doesn't really matter what you say, Tomme sees "Why yes Tomme, I'd be happy to volunteer for anything and everything!" :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I hope I can make it and see everyone there. Sounds like it's shaping up to be a heck of a good time.
roger is offline   Reply With Quote