Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 05-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
MattHiatt

Last Activity: 06-30-2008
 @ 12:49 PM 
Default Pro Staff Opportunity

Cole Outdoor Productions would like to start by expressing our appreciation for your interest in joining the newest and fastest growing company in the outdoor media production world. At Cole Outdoors, we are committed to producing exciting and high quality hunting videos for the hunting communities across the country. Established in 2007, Cole Outdoors was born from the desire of seven long-time friends that share a passion for the outdoors. Our goal is to create a video series dedicated to men and women in the field that appreciate the hard work and dedication that comes with consistently harvesting mature animals.

We hunt only under wild and fair chase conditions. We pride ourselves in putting in the blood, sweat, and tears of doing our own homework, scouting, and stand sets. Our videos reflect the year round efforts it takes to be successful, including the hard learned lessons that we all encounter in the woods. Not every hunt is perfect and not every second of footage is award winning, but all of it good and bad is part of the experience.

Cole Outdoors currently has Pro Staff members in various states including: New Jersey, North Carolina, and West Virginia. With our success, came the desire to spread across the country and reflect the individual differences that geography plays in the deer and turkey woods. Our criteria for consideration are as follows:

1. Individual must be of good and morale character.
2. Individual must possess strong ethical standards.
3. Professionalism
4. Professional 3 CCD Mini-DV or HD Camera
5. Professional Audio (Wireless Mics and Shotgun Mic)
6. Tripod AND Tree Mounted Camera Arm

We take careful consideration in the selection process of our pro-staff. Quality of video, character, and professionalism are among the top of our qualifications. Each individual wanting to become part of Cole Outdoors must submit a preliminary video profile, showing what you are capable of contributing to the Cole Outdoors team. A video profile can be edited footage that is put on DVD or be raw footage. The video(s) will be reviewed and critiqued by Advisory Staff members.

After your video profile is reviewed we will then determine if you’re a candidate for the next step of the process. We require 5 quality, usable, harvests over the course of the first four seasons—2 deer and 2 turkey seasons. We require three of those hunts to be whitetail deer and no more than one doe harvest. A usable hunt consists of hunter interaction, scenic shots, various wildlife, impact shot, all necessary cut aways, and recovery of game harvested. Keep in mind; these harvests do not have to consist solely on the applicant. You can film others to make up your five harvests. This standard allows Cole Outdoors to see the quality of your footage and the consistency needed to contribute to our vision.

What’s in it for you? First of all, there will be no monetary compensation for submitted footage or the effort in obtaining such footage. However, with the blessing of some great sponsors and outfitters there is the possibility of free gear and hunts if the opportunity arises. We make no guarantees of gear or outfitted hunts. However, we can guarantee that you will be part of a winning team. Through your dedication to producing high quality footage for submission you will have the opportunity to see yourself on our annual deer and turkey hunting DVD’s and future television aspirations. This opportunity is a tremendous adventure and gives the chance for you to see your dreams come true, all while making new lifelong friends in the hunting industry.

If your interest relies on an effort to become wealthy and travel the world at no expense, you have knocked on the wrong door. If you are looking to break into the hunting DVD industry and share the success of Cole Outdoors becoming the new standard for outdoor media, then your adventure starts here!

If you have any questions please contact….

Kyle Bors
Pro Staff Advisor/Property Manager
KyleBors@coleoutdoors.com
MattHiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Ronny
LSBA Region 75 Rep/Hunt Committee

LSBA Region: 75
Last Activity: 06-09-2016
 @ 05:36 AM 

I'll bet there are some folks around here that will fit that bill. Good luck and have fun.
Welcome to our camp fire.
Ronny
Old 05-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Hunt Quest
Sponsor Member

LSBA Region: 81
Last Activity: 03-26-2011
 @ 11:42 PM 

Welcome aboard Matt!!
Hunt Quest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 PM   #4
txhunter
Administrator

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 09-12-2016
 @ 08:05 PM 

I hope you will be a regular on this site and contribute something. Welcome.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:49 PM   #5
MattHiatt

I don't know how much more of Buff, after a week, I can handle but I will try and hang around....lol
Old 05-23-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
BOBSTER
Texas Bowhunting & Bowfishing Records Chairman

Last Activity: 06-03-2021
 @ 08:08 PM 

Matt, I had all the videos you asked for in just this years season. I have my buck, doe, and two turkeys all on tape, just do not have the skills to edit and make a nice piece out of them. I also had my daughters for turkey, (sort of) I ran out of tape right before the kill shot. Then I would have had Dena's on tape, but she shot the wrong turkey. I also never got into the before, and after parts of the videos. You are going to have to stay with BUFF, but Chunky is coming right along with his videos now. Bob
Old 05-23-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
Bweger

Last Activity: 11-07-2011
 @ 10:25 AM 

I would love to be a part of this but most of my hunting is archery spot and stalk by myself. So I dont have much footage of the shot or the stalk just the after shot footage and some cut away footge. I guess I could figure out how to mount the camera on my shoulder. I dont like the bow mount cause the footage at the shot is never very good. I have registered on yalls site but havent heard back to activate my account.

Prostaff-Team MOFEA

Last edited by Bweger; 05-23-2008 at 01:54 PM..
Bweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
MattHiatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bweger View Post
I would love to be a part of this but most of my hunting is archery spot and stalk by myself. So I dont have much footage of the shot or the stalk just the after shot footage and some cut away footge. I guess I could figure out how to mount the camera on my shoulder. I dont like the bow mount cause the footage at the shot is never very good. I have registered on yalls site but havent heard back to activate my account.
It should have sent you an email activation. If not email me your info and I will set the whole account up personally.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #9
Bweger

I will go try it again and see what happens.

Prostaff-Team MOFEA
Old 05-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #10
MattHiatt

Default it work?

I just got an email saying you signed up.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:26 PM   #11
Hot4huntin
LSBA Past President

Last Activity: 07-29-2019
 @ 02:25 PM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBSTER View Post
Then I would have had Dena's on tape, but I filmed the wrong turkey, but she made a really great shot!Bob

WOW!! That is great opportunity for someone!! Welcome to the LSBA campfire, Matt! Hope to see you here often!

Mrs. Bobby Kana and Ty and Hunter's Mom =)

Support Bowhunting~Join LSBA!

LSBA~Your Membership is Your Voice
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:28 PM   #12
Bweger

Yeah I logged in so everything is working fine.

Prostaff-Team MOFEA
Old 05-23-2008, 02:29 PM   #13
MattHiatt

Default TX guys

After talking to Buff I figured this would be a great place to locat some guys. TX would be a great addition to Cole Outdoors.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:31 PM   #14
Chunky

Last Activity: 11-19-2013
 @ 08:41 PM 

Welcome to the site. Being a close personal friend of Buff...I know what you mean

Buff's so deadly...filming him killed my camera!
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #15
MattHiatt

Default lol

Yeah...I have a heard a lot of bad things about you....hahaha a few good things though....j/k I heard some good stories from him about the two of you and some hunts.