Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > Classifieds
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 08-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #1
Horitexan

Last Activity: 11-29-2011
 @ 08:55 AM 
Default South Texas Dove Hunts - $80 per day!

We're currently booking day hunts for the 2009 dove season. We have property on the east side of Sabinal, just north of Hwy. 90 - the southern border dividing the "Central Zone" from the "South Zone" but only 5 miles north of Hwy. 90. We also have a large property in Knippa (12 miles west of Sabinal) which is also in the "Central Zone." The season opens, for these properties, on Sept. 1, 2009 and we're only an hour west of San Antonio!

The basic rate for dove hunting is $80 per day, per hunter. We have a 2 day minimum.

The property in Sabinal is on the very edge of the city limits which makes it ideal because the birds use the City of Sabinal (and all the big trees in town) as a 'safe' place to roost between feedings. This means that the birds usually fly over our tree lined field like clockwork- traveling travel to and from the irrigated fields that surround town! This typically means lots of birds flying around Sabinal. We're seeing more and more birds every day, now!

The property in Knippa (between Sabinal and Uvalde, TX) is 700+ acres of field that is surrounded by corn and milo fields. There are some large patches of native sunflowers in the field and there's a pivot irrigation system that will be allowed to flood for a couple of weeks before the season starts, to provide the birds with a water source- to draw ineven more birds.

Becuase of our location, we typically have a lot of white wings and we even have a good number of 'Ring Neck' doves around. The Ring Necks are an exotic species and will not figure into a daily bag limit. This year the total bag limit has been raised (from 12 birds) to 15 birds per day!

We offer discounts to (-16) youth hunters: Kids who share their guardian's spot only pay $50 per day (to cover land owner and costs) and youth hunters who want their own spot only pay $70 per day- but MUST be supervised by an adult!

We also offer some packages that include lodging and/or meals served in field, campout style. So, if you're interested, please ask us for details and pricing.

For more information, or to book a hunt, please call me at 512-587-8651 or email me: candnoutfitters@gmail.com Please don't message me here on the LSBA site because I don't have enough chances to get on here- to check it on a regular basis.

Good Hunting This Season!

Nick Anderson
C&N outfitters
Sabinal, TX