Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2007, 03:37 PM   #61
grizz

Last Activity: 12-27-2008
 @ 01:01 PM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZaidle
How do you reconcile that with your assetion that the neophyte crossbow hunter, "wouldn't get off a shot"?
You misunderstood, the neophyte would have a greater opportunity TO get off a shot. More shots on animals taken. Higher harvest numbers overall.

its the new bowhunter (without draw assist) that has a higher hurdle to getting an arrow off the string.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:41 PM   #62
tinman

LSBA Region: 75
Last Activity: 10-11-2011
 @ 10:21 PM 

Don, you may not think that it's relevant, I do. I remember our candid conversations from 4 years ago on this topic and know that you take the commitment beyond just another ad in your magazine...and that your disdain for us (bowhunters) on this issue was rooted long before any "schoolboy" e-mail you recently received. (See cartoon you published from 10/2004 again)

I guess we can just add the significance of your relationship with crossbow manufacturers to the growing list of things we disagree on.

I've met other individuals in your exact position (TV/magazine guys with sponsors/advertisers who manufacture x-bows) and some of them have been asked to get involved the way you choose to do. I respect them greatly (even if we personally disagree on this issue) for not using their celebrity status or posing as "concerned individuals" to lobby this cause but rather trying to let the sportsmen of Texas influence this legislature.

I also know a few bowhunters that feel just as you do and who have no financial connections to any crossbow manufacturers. I listen to these individuals and respect their views (even though we disagree) much more than the opinions of people who don't bowhunt and are paid to promote crossbows.

I tire of fellow hunters attacking the bowhunting community (calling us elitist, zealots, etc...) for simply defending our sport's future and trying to preserve 30 years of Texas tradition for future generations.

I guess it boils down to what's important to us as individuals...some of us want the "bowhunting" that we pass on to future generations to resemble the "bowhunting" that we were introduced to and have come to love.

For others it's very important to lead this push to change the definition of a sport that you admittedly don't participate in??? Yet, you feel the need to "fix" us and right some 30+ years of injustice? Why?

If anyone has earned the right to have a hand in sculpting the future of the Archery Season in Texas, it's the bowhunters of Texas.

BTW, my cell # is 469-360-9626...feel free to call me if you wish to but this keyboard joisting is getting silly.
"Today there is no need to battle with the beasts of prey and little necessity to kill wild animals for food; but still the instinct persists. The love of the chase still thrills us and all the misty past echoes with the hunters call."

Saxton Pope
tinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:34 PM   #63
DZaidle

LSBA Region: 76
Last Activity: 09-22-2009
 @ 08:40 AM 

grizz:
"This is the SKILL of archers and the basics of a primitive weapon. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZaidle
No it isn't, this is about upper body strength. Skill has nothing to do with it.
"No offense but I am beginning to think this is getting disingenuous, Deer are geared to detect movement. No movement, the less chance for detection. The further away the deer is when the movement occurs, the less chance of detection. Drawing in the presence of the game is an integral component to
DZaidle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:24 PM   #64
BUFF
Just Me

Last Activity: 02-24-2016
 @ 02:07 PM 

In my uneducated opinion this has degraded into something not unlike politics. I personally don't want cross bows, muzzle loaders or guns in October. I welcome them all in November and December. That is my opinion. One man, one vote. You would be about as likely to get me to vote for Ted Kennedy as to support Cross bows. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't care why you want them, I don't and you can't make me. :lol:
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #65
grizz

Last Activity: 12-27-2008
 @ 01:01 PM 

[quote:d0b34729d6="DZaidle"]
I contend that harvest rates are harvest rates via weaponology, venue be damned.

Sorry, but TPWD biologists have not yet deemed this lame arcument worthy of study, at leas to my knowledge.

"You seem intent on dodging my primary argument, will MORE Public Land deer be killed?"

No, I never said that.

"You have said it
Old 06-10-2007, 09:37 PM   #66
DZaidle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman
Don, you may not think that it's relevant, I do. I remember our candid conversations from 4 years ago on this topic and know that you take the commitment beyond just another ad in your magazine...and that your disdain for us (bowhunters) on this issue was rooted long before any "schoolboy" e-mail you recently received. (See cartoon you published from 10/2004 again)

I guess we can just add the significance of your relationship with crossbow manufacturers to the growing list of things we disagree on.

I've met other individuals in your exact position (TV/magazine guys with sponsors/advertisers who manufacture x-bows) and some of them have been asked to get involved the way you choose to do. I respect them greatly (even if we personally disagree on this issue) for not using their celebrity status or posing as "concerned individuals" to lobby this cause but rather trying to let the sportsmen of Texas influence this legislature.

I also know a few bowhunters that feel just as you do and who have no financial connections to any crossbow manufacturers. I listen to these individuals and respect their views (even though we disagree) much more than the opinions of people who don't bowhunt and are paid to promote crossbows.

I tire of fellow hunters attacking the bowhunting community (calling us elitist, zealots, etc...) for simply defending our sport's future and trying to preserve 30 years of Texas tradition for future generations.

I guess it boils down to what's important to us as individuals...some of us want the "bowhunting" that we pass on to future generations to resemble the "bowhunting" that we were introduced to and have come to love.

For others it's very important to lead this push to change the definition of a sport that you admittedly don't participate in??? Yet, you feel the need to "fix" us and right some 30+ years of injustice? Why?

If anyone has earned the right to have a hand in sculpting the future of the Archery Season in Texas, it's the bowhunters of Texas.

BTW, my cell # is 469-360-9626...feel free to call me if you wish to but this keyboard joisting is getting silly.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:41 PM   #67
Trailboss
Super Moderator

Last Activity: 03-02-2009
 @ 09:32 PM 

Regardless of what happens with the law - I take comfort in knowing I don't have to allow them on my ranch!

Trailboss
Trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 09:44 PM   #68
DZaidle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailboss
Regardless of what happens with the law - I take comfort in knowing I don't have to allow them on my ranch!

Trailboss
And that, sir, is your perogative. :wink:

DZ
Old 06-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #69
DZaidle

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz
I did my best, hopefully you can glean something from my arguments that will generate some understanding rather than disdain.
Grizz, I do not disdain you. Gawd, man, many was the year I was where you profess to be. Now that I am economically/socially positioned to hunt anywhere I please anytime I want, I cannot because of business/ethical commitments.

I wishe you well, and my hope that you truly understand the caveat: "Ignorance is curable, stupid is forever." You are clearly not stupid (beyond learning/hope), but mildly ignorant (not aware of certain knowledge, capable of excellence and learning).

I wish you the best.

DZ
Old 06-11-2007, 07:13 AM   #70
BUFF
Just Me

"mildly ignorant" :lol: :lol: now thats funny right there. poor ol grizz. See there, We are not all stupid just Mildly Ignorant :lol: :lol: :lol: . Dzaidle I truly enjoy reading stuff posted by the few Smart people :lol: :lol:
Old 06-11-2007, 07:33 AM   #71
LostHawg

Last Activity: 07-30-2018
 @ 05:37 AM 

Personally, I rather enjoy being mildly ignorant. Means I still have room for growth. I hope those who are perfectly knowledgable don't get too bored waiting on me. :lol:
LostHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:50 AM   #72
BUFF
Just Me

I guess if I had not always been so dat gum pretty, I would have learned more growing up :lol:
Old 06-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #73
roger

Last Activity: 06-28-2007
 @ 09:56 AM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFF
I guess if I had not always been so dat gum pretty, I would have learned more growing up :lol:
Don't worry Buff, we know there is a man of substance behind all that pretty! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #74
LostHawg

Last Activity: 07-30-2018
 @ 05:37 AM 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUFF
I know how you feel Marty. :P

Kill any pigs this weekend?
LostHawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:06 AM   #75
biggen
LSBA Hall of Fame/Hunt Committee

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 04-04-2018
 @ 07:54 PM 

:?:
biggen is offline   Reply With Quote