Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-06-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
DoubleJ

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 06-16-2014
 @ 08:09 AM 
Default LSBA at TTHA Hunter Extravaganza - Houston

The show is over and the work is done. All things considered I think it was a successful event and has gone a long way toward achieving our goals of promoting bowhunting in Texas but it could have been even better had we had more help. We got so busy working with the kids we couldn't work on promoting LSBA to the adults. It does however sound like it was certainly better than the tournament.

Dena and Bobby went out and set up the booth on Friday and worked the first night. As all things with Dena things didn't exactly go smoothly. Our original location was so bad we considered pulling the plug before it ever got started but to TTHA's credit they moved us inside the hall to a great location. Dena, Bobby, Kevin Fitzgerald and Sharon worked Friday evening until closing. I worked the show all day Saturday and Sunday since the Kana's had to work the State Shoot. On Saturday we had several volunteers show up to help throughout the day, my wife Carrie, Jimmy Green, James Hamilton, Lynette Starr, the Belusek clan, Mark Johnson and Buff. The Kanas came out after a long day at the State Shoot and worked the vendors for donations to the banquet and drug Buff around to sell advertising.

On Sunday it was up to Brandon Ermis and myself for the day. Thank goodness the Beluseks were available that evening to help us tear down and pack out.

We had over 1000 kids shoot at our booth over the 3 day period, sold a few memberships and collected a few dollars in donations. We got a lot of exposure for one of our sponsors, Evotek Bows. The reponses about our participation from parents, vendors, and especially the kids were all positive. We should also be seeing an article about LSBA at this event in the Lonestar Outdoor News.

Thanks to all of you that volunteered your time to make this event a success and hopefully I didn't miss mentioning anyone.

I challenge every member of the EC to participate in at least ONE of these types of events each year. The benefits for our organization and our sport are immeasurable.

Hopefully some of the other folks will add their comments about this event.

Jack Jetton

LSBA Life Member
TBoT Life Member
TBA Member
P & Y Associate Member
NRA Benefactor Life Member
TSRA Endowment Life Member
IBEP Master Instructor
DoubleJ is offline   Reply With Quote