Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
Tomme
Region 78 Rep/Hunt Committee Chairman

Last Activity: 06-13-2015
 @ 08:31 AM 
Default Upcoming LSBA Hunts

Buff has a fellowship hunt already listed, but here are some more that we will be looking at right after the start of the year. I figured I'd post it now, because some of you are getting to hunt so hard it might take you a month or more to see it.

1. We will start taking reservations for the Grunts and Gobbles in early January. Is this the sixth one of these? I need to go back and look. I believe it's at least the 4th year for the "Cursed" Concrete Pig challenge.

2. We will also have a Javelina hunt in late February at the Palmer's place (First Point). This is a limited hunt and is first come first served.

3. The Palmer's have also donated a FREE YOUTH DEER HUNT at First Point for next October. This is a wonderful opportunity for a bunch of kids to get a nice buck. Ronny Strickland is in charge and expect to see all the details on here by early January.

So enjoy your season, but don't forget to check back here early in '08.
Tomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:53 AM   #2
Videographer

LSBA Region: TX
Send a message via Yahoo to Videographer
Last Activity: 11-21-2009
 @ 07:41 PM 

Tomme where can I get more information on that Youth Deer Hunt next October?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Chunky

Last Activity: 11-19-2013
 @ 08:41 PM 

Another thing some may want to consider is Baker Ranch. In the past it has always been one hunt and almost impossible to get spots...as they are bought up by the guys already on the hunt.

Lisa and Bonnie have decided to have 2 hunts next Oct. One the first weekend and one the third. Of the 60 guys that went this year...40 signed up for the second and 20 for the first. That leaves 60 spots not taken. I am sure they are filling everyday, but I am also sure that there are spots left right now.

It is not an LSBA hunt, but it is a lot of fun and we could have a little group thing if we wanted. I am signed up for both hunts. If anyone wants more details let me know and I can get them to you.

I talked to the girls about doing an LSBA hunt and they didn't say no, but some of the things we like to do...like kids hunt free, and a kick back to the club, would probably not happen unless the club is willing to take the hit. If those types of things could be worked out, it would be an awesome thing for our organization. This year the 55 or so hunters took 63 animals on the 3 day hunt, and eveyone had multiple shooting chances. Much different than most of the LSBA hunts I have gone on where the fun is high but the harvest is low. Just some thoughts.

Mark
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
BUFF
Just Me

Last Activity: 02-24-2016
 @ 02:07 PM 

Chunky...Which weekend am I going ?
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
Graybow

Last Activity: 09-28-2014
 @ 11:25 PM 

Any info on the javelina hunt?
Graybow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #6
Hot4huntin
LSBA Past President

LSBA Region: 77
Last Activity: 07-29-2019
 @ 02:25 PM 

Looks like some great opportunities!

BIG THANKS to the PALMERS!!!
Those are going to be some wonderful hunts for the youngsters!!

Thanks for the update, Tomme!

Mrs. Bobby Kana and Ty and Hunter's Mom =)

Support Bowhunting~Join LSBA!

LSBA~Your Membership is Your Voice
Hot4huntin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:23 PM   #7
Chunky

Buff,

You are signed up for the second hunt...the third weekend in Oct. That is when most of the regulars signed up....the thinking being the acorns will be fewer and the weather may be cooler......that is off set by the deer having been hunted already the first weekend.

I just got back from Palmer's place and I believe that a couple of kids will get very nice bucks on that hunt. It will be challenging as the deer are not stupid there, but potential for a true trophy is very real.

I am going to do a couple of exotic hunts this off season...nothing booked yet, but would love it if we got a group together. I had a great time at Double L and Bar E and would love to go back to either. I also love to go new places, so anyone who wants to get something together....let's start talking dates and availability.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
Tomme

Sorry guys, just call me a tease, but I'll be posting the details for the javelina hunt as well as the Grunts and Gobbles in early January (when I'll also start taking deposits). We will also have a big thread with all the details on the youth hunt at about the same time. I just started this now as a preview and so you'd know to look for them.

Chunky, I'd be all for a Baker group hunt. It would be nice if we could get a group discount and/or kids hunt free, but if we just had a bunch of people going together that would be fun as well. Do you want to be the point of contact on this?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #9
Chunky

Tomme,

If anyone decides to sign for the hunts already booking next year....I will be point of contact and help people be prepared to have a great hunt. I know the ranch well having hunted there more than 20 times in the last 18 or 19 years.

If we wanted to have our own hunt, we would need to do some work ahead of time. We would need to know that we had at least a couple of dozen people interested. We would also have to talk the Bakers into letting us have one of the weekends in archery only season not being booked right now. They do exotic hunts and turkey hunts, but they are not the great deal that the fall (shoot everything) hunt is. Still a possibility.

I guess we sit tight here and see if we have any interest. Lots of us have deer leases and just don't want to spend any extra on a day hunt during the fall. I think if people knew how good the hunting is there, unless they are on fantastic leases, they would jump at the chance. It is a great meat hunt and trophy fees are very reasonable for all the male animals.

You can google the ranch...it's Baker 3 Ranch I believe in Rocksprings and I believe the number is 1-800- 63- BAKER

Mark
Old 11-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #10
Graybow

Tomme, you ain't nuthin but a tease! How about posting last part of December. Cause I'm gonna be gone the first 10 days of January!! lol I got my first taste of Javelina huntin last year and it was fun. Don't want to miss a good oppurtunity to chase them again.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #11
Chew

Last Activity: 08-28-2011
 @ 01:59 AM 

I'd be interested in a Baker Ranch hunt. Keep us posted.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:09 AM   #12
Sean

Last Activity: 06-27-2018
 @ 02:05 PM 

I would be real interested in the summer hunt package if anyone else is too.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #13
Tomme

Graybow I know you'll have your computer with you and that's all you need. The hunt will be in February.

Chunky, I think you said that the blackbuck numbers are down, but if I'm wrong on that, I'd sure like to try to arrange an LSBA blackbuck hunt in March. I took three Blackbuck on previous Baker hunts and my son also got one. Fun to hunt them and really good eating. Do you think there's enough there that we could have a hunt?
Old 11-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #14
Tomme

Maybe we should shoot for a summer triatholon. A pig hunt on the full moon weekends of June, July and August. I could see T-shirts, patches, even awards for best heat stroke.
Old 11-10-2007, 10:32 AM   #15
Graybow

Computer, where I'm gonna be?? lol Only if they put in some plugin's on the greasewood bushes! Well might have to have my son monitor this while I'm gone!
Now a triatholon pig hunt sounds interesting. We would have to have some Ironman/woman shirts made for that one! Now what would we call it? The Tripigathon? Hogathalon?