Click Here to Return to the LSBA Forum Homepage

LSBA Homepage LSBA Store Join the LSBA FAQ Online Radio Calendar Gallery
Go Back   Lone Star Bowhunters Association > Bowhunting In General > LSBA Campfire
Get Weather Info. Enter your zipcode:

Register Crossword Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2008, 08:08 AM   #1
timhicks

Last Activity: 06-24-2011
 @ 01:48 PM 
Default Tim fails as a guide

Tim fails as a guide

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man what a goober I am. I am truly and very sadly dissapointed in myself. I had Sean coming in yesterday for an evening hunt. Well we had talked about trying to hunt together for a few months and Friday night was it. This week knowing that Sean was coming I topped off a feeder that te hogs hve been coming to daily. I set up a quad-pod and got it ready for Sean. After getting the stand just right and cutting a few lanes I decided to check the feeder before driving off I checked the feeder time and it set for 5:30. I hit the test button and it goes off I put the cover back on and get in the truck and go home. Well after meeting Sean yesterday and my kids pestering the crud out of him we head off for the evenings hunt. I drive Sean to the stand and luckily ask him if he had his release..he forgot it oops. Ok so I take mine off my bow and give him mine...Thats good guide dont you think. lol well I run home and try to find a spare and luckily I find my spare in my duffle bag and scoot back over to the place. I carry a bucket of corn and a battery and my bow about 300 yards to my pond with the ground blind its now about 5:15. Well I spread my corn and get in the ground blind and nothing.I see a few cardinals and a few rats running out to my bait hole but no pigs. I am sitting there thinking I hope I set the feeder back to run.Weel I didnt I left the feeder in feed time #2 and never set the thing back to run. About 6:30 I hear some pigs sqealing and a few grunts and I think ok they are heading to Seans stand. Nothing I mean nothing we hunted late shared a few cold beers and Sean headed home. Yes its always nice to meet a fellow from www.myoutdoorforum.com or www.texasbowhunter.com but its nice to look like I know what I am doing. If you come hunting with me I want you to succeed more than you know.
I have invited Sean back for a little redemption and hope he can come back soon. Sean it was great to meet you and again I apoligize for my stupidity. I still had good conversation and meeting a new friend and look forward to many more hunts with Sean.
Pro staff www.wildboarusa.com
Pro staff www.inheatscents.net
Pro staff TimH@hawglite.com
timhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #2
JTTMI

Last Activity: 08-28-2020
 @ 01:08 PM 

At least you had a good time.
JTTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
biggen
LSBA Hall of Fame/Hunt Committee

LSBA Region: 78
Last Activity: 04-04-2018
 @ 07:54 PM 

Been there done that all I can say is DOOOOH!
Psalm 64:7
biggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:29 PM   #4
timhicks

OK update got to the stand that I put Sean in last night and had hogs at 5:15 squealing and grunting the feeder went off at 5:35 by my watch. I stayed till 8 and no signs of hogs other than hearing them. I put my buddy Todd and his wife at my ground blind and all the hand held corn and black gold was gone..so they showed either Sean and I didnt stay long enough last night or they are hitting in the morning, I am at one game cam so its been hard to pattern them my fault because I took the cam down to use it at the 4B ranch hunt for my camera. so all of us heard hogs tonight but they seemed to stay in the woods eating acorns I would say. so other than not being able to tell what times the hogs would hit is my only fault. It wasnt me or Seans fault I will play revenge quickly
Old 11-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #5
BUFF
Just Me

Last Activity: 02-24-2016
 @ 02:07 PM 

I had a place in Camp county That I could pretty much kill a pig any time I wanted. I carried Timm Getts several times and was never able to put him on one. Better luck next time
BUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:23 AM   #6
timhicks

Thanks everyone
Old 12-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #7
Sean

Last Activity: 06-27-2018
 @ 02:05 PM 

I still had a great time Tim. I finally got to meet 1 of the guys that I most admire on all the hunting forums and drink a couple cold ones with him too. We will try it again in the near future I hope.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 05:14 PM   #8
Chunky

Last Activity: 11-19-2013
 @ 08:41 PM 

Hey, at least you tried.

Buff's so deadly...filming him killed my camera!
Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote